Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for some feedback on a short story type thing

Options
  • 04-02-2013 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I woke up today as I always do, dead. Everyday it's the same story, everyday it's the same to and fro attitude that lets me fumble my way through life. The same friends, the same family, the same me. Ever since high school I've felt like I haven't changed a bit. It's still the same procedure everyday, wake up, skip breakfast, catch the train till my first stop, walk to the next stop, then bus till I've reached my final destination. Attend place of imprisonment till home time. Repeat entire arrival procedure to get home. Finally get home and sleep. It's the same thing over and over and over again, no matter what the situation. Life treats us all equally, not fairly, but equally. A tree may be chopped down to make a house but the house can burn, and thus, will. It was he same in and out formation that lead to my psycho-evaluation. Written upon my record now was "Possible Manic Depressant/suicidal". As assumed these words don't look good on any record. So now people began to detach themselves from me, in fear that I would one day, just snap. The words I kept hearing were "Stuck in a cycle" and "Just one bullet". Of course every person needs an escape from regular viewing. One day I woke and went straight for the kitchen draws. I pulled the matches and lit my soft carpet flooring, which had been soaked in in years of spilt spirits and wine, igniting the floor beneath my feet almost instantly. Slowly, the flames spread to the curtains and walls. Sending my small timber frame house a light. As I stood in the midst of the flames I felt free. I felt alive for the first time in my life. It's funny how the closer we are to death, the more alive we truly feel. And so, I woke today as I always do, dead.

Advertisement