Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback Please!!!

Options
  • 25-01-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all, Been writing poems for a while now but never shared them with anyone, Decided no time like the present. Please be honest!

Forgive me Father for I have sinned,
    Forgive me for this life I live,
    Forgive my actions, Forgive my thoughts,
    Forgive me for all I've lost.

Forgive me Father for I have strayed,
    Forgive me for this life I waste,
    Forgive my soul, Forgive my heart,
    Forgive my each and every part.

Forgive me Father for I have cried,
    Forgive me Father for my own demise,
    Forgive my cruelty, Forgive my disgrace,
    Forgive me for my mental state.

Forgive me Father for I am cursed,
    Forgive me for my little worth,
    Forgive my sadness, Forgive my tears,
    Forgive me for my wasted years.

Forgive me Father for I have turned,
    Forgive me for all I've burned,
    Forgive my weakness, My unlimited crimes,
    Forgive me Father for I won't survive.

Forgive me Father for alone I stand,
    Forgive me Father my troublesome land,
    Forgive my insanity, Forgive my intentions,
    Forgive me Father, Please grant me redemption.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

Its more like a prayer of some kind just in case you meet the devil instead of god...if you get me!? I understand the need to be forgiven..but to whom and why is this important!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

I don't get it.

Who is talking? Who are they talking to? Why are they asking for forgiveness? Is there a point to the poem at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

jonbravo wrote: »
    Its more like a prayer of some kind just in case you meet the devil instead of god...if you get me!? I understand the need to be forgiven..but to whom and why is this important!?

I wrote this after my Mother passed away, and was kind of in a place where I had to believe in God and Heaven and all that just for my own sanity ya know!? I totally see what you mean though, But I meant it mostly for forgiving myself as opposed to Gods Forgiveness.

Bummppd wrote: »
    I wrote this after my Mother passed away, and was kind of in a place where I had to believe in God and Heaven and all that just for my own sanity ya know!? I totally see what you mean though, But I meant it mostly for forgiving myself as opposed to Gods Forgiveness.

Everyone understands believe me... poems are about expressions of self in a given moment.
    But be careful of opinion from the likes of me

Bites..ahhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Bummppd

jonbravo wrote: »
    Everyone understands believe me... poems are about expressions of self in a given moment.
    But be careful of opinion from the likes of me

Bites..ahhh.

Haha.. No worries, I can take it!! :D

• Advertisement

Haha.. No worries, I can take it!! :D

Grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Marzipan85

Forgive my sadness, Forgive my tears,
    Forgive me for my wasted years.

Like these lines. I suppose, like a song, it needs variation? Like you could have the 'forgive me' bits as a chorus, but you need something to give a bit of variety to the poem to make it more engaging.

Advertisement