Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Sports - €5 per month for 3 months.

Options
  • 10-03-2011 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭

Evening all.

Just got an email from Setanta offering me Sports for a fiver a month for 3 month. No contract, just give 30 days notice to cancel.
    There was no code in the email, just said to mention the email when ordering. So I'd imagine it's fair game.

Just call 0818-271417, and mention the email.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

Sky or UPC?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Doesn't say.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭blagards

I'd just be careful about that, I know it says 30 days notice to cancel, but I've heard a lot of stories about setanta being horrible for trying to cancel, they just keep shifting you around, like if you email it'll be "If you want to cancel you have to ring us", then on the phone they'll tell you to send a letter and then they'll either never get back to you or tell you that you have to email.

Now again, none of this is personal experience, just what I've heard, so don't take it as being definitely true, but bear it in mind

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

blagards wrote: »
    I'd just be careful about that, I know it says 30 days notice to cancel, but I've heard a lot of stories about setanta being horrible for trying to cancel, they just keep shifting you around, like if you email it'll be "If you want to cancel you have to ring us", then on the phone they'll tell you to send a letter and then they'll either never get back to you or tell you that you have to email.

Now again, none of this is personal experience, just what I've heard, so don't take it as being definitely true, but bear it in mind

Give 30 days notice in writing and cancel the direct debit. There is nothing they can do about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Q =
    I'd just be careful about that, I know it says 30 days notice to cancel, but I've heard a lot of stories.........?
    A =
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Give 30 days notice in writing and cancel the direct debit. There is nothing they can do about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

If anyone gets this with UPC can you let me know please.
    Went to do the AN Post promotion with them a while ago and when I rang up they said it didn't apply to UPC. There was no mention of this in the T's & C's of the promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I have had, and cancelled setanta a couple of times now. No problem leaving them anytime. They do offer deals to keep you, but have never had to send in any letter to cancel. All done over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

phantom60 wrote: »
    If anyone gets this with UPC can you let me know please.
    Went to do the AN Post promotion with them a while ago and when I rang up they said it didn't apply to UPC. There was no mention of this in the T's & C's of the promotion.

I'm pretty sure its for the sky boxes only. I actually got a love letter from them and then a follow-up call. I politely told them to come back to me when they decide to charge €5 all the time:)

What package do you have with UPC? I thought most of UPC's plans included Setanta Ireland. Setanta 1 is crap IMO, unless you're a Manc fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭phantom60

I'm pretty sure its for the sky boxes only. I actually got a love letter from them and then a follow-up call. I politely told them to come back to me when they decide to charge €5 all the time:)

What package do you have with UPC? I thought most of UPC's plans included Setanta Ireland. Setanta 1 is crap IMO, unless you're a Manc fan.

Cheers Kristopherus,
    Just on the basic package but with the recording....got a deal from their 'customer loyalty' recently.
    But yeah, I am a Manc fan :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If you have just the Value Plan, Setanta Ireland is included. No way is a further €15 for Setanta 1 justified. Its a rip-off by UPC imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement