Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who's Bringing the Horse to France??

Options
  • 13-08-2009 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭

Or should I say... who's bringing the horse dog to France..

We're thinking of making our first trip to France in the next few weeks.. but our Dog must travel everywhere with us! If he can't go neither can we :(

Question is can he go on the campsites? We are actually responsibe dog owners and he is the best behaved boxer in the world... ( not that it makes a difference)..

If the answer is yes then we'll start planning and you can be warned there will be several stupid/newbie France style posts int he next while!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lin lin

some camp sites are petfriendly, some aren't. don't know any off the top of my head but i'm sure you can find a list on line, or source a travel guide for dogs
    bon voyage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

He'll have to stay in a kennel on the ferry although I have heard of people leaving him in the camper during the crossing.
    France is generally very dog friendly, even to the point where people bring their dogs into restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭OuterBombie

Howdy,

I'm bring the wife and child to France in September. If I had a horse I'd bring him along too :p

We're staying at Les Grand Pins in Lacanau. I've stayed there before and I know they are very dog friendly, even having seperate showering areas for the little buggers!

Here is also a list of vets at french channel ports:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-65376.html

Hopefully you'll not be needing them!

After that I have no idea what else is required. I've just ticked new campervan off my list, dog is next on there at my wife's request so I'd be keen to hear how you went.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Does he need some kind of dog passport or something... (serious question)?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,270 ✭✭✭✭fits

yes he does. And to get the passport he needs to take a course of rabies vaccinations, which takes 7 months unfortunately. Too late for this year. You can bring him to the UK though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 atb

i take my dogs all the time one is a white boxer and the other a king charles its wonderful i never travel with out them they love it ou can put them in kennels but i like to leave them in motherhome its mor comfortable for them only gripe i have is irish ferrirs charges for pets big dog 70 euros eachway 45euros for small dogs have a nice trip dont forget to take pet vet 24 befor comming back atb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

We bring our kids with us on Irish Ferries. Sometimes I wish we could put them in kennels, Might be cheaper too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 atb

stapeler wrote: »
    We bring our kids with us on Irish Ferries. Sometimes I wish we could put them in kennels, Might be cheaper too :D
    nah the kennells cost more sedadte the kids lol

Advertisement