Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have a PA/ home help/ carer ?

Options
  • 18-10-2014 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

My OT put me in for hours for a personal assistant to help me at home with duties as I live alone with my son.
    I met with the lady from The IWA last week , she was lovely and very understanding I must say. They put in that I need some one here in the mornings then to come back in afternoons and evenings to do meal prep and household tasks like bed dressing and floors , and sometime overnight care when I have a bad night and need assistance.
    I am very overwhelmed by this, but do need the help as my mother is here 12 hours a day and she needs the break,she does not receive carers allowance.
    I know it will take awhile to get used to.
    Has anyone here had this service or has a pa or essentially a home help. They call them a pa when you are young. I'm in my 20's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

There is a bigger difference between a PA and home help. A home help won't go outside the front door. A PA will do pretty much whatever you reasonably need, and could bring you shopping, or even bring you to a social event.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dreannz

Yes it will be a pa that can take me outside shopping and to collect my son ect aswell as helping with household tasks

Advertisement