Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Feidir Linn-Saturday

Options
  • 24-10-2014 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

One from the tracker and one I've had my eye on for a long time goes tomorrow. Named in honour of the 44th president of America, Barack is very well handicapped at Leopardstown.

He last won a shade over a year ago over an extended mile at this track, Ben Curtis gave him a really good ride and he probably won with a bit more up his sleeve than the ½ length winning margin might suggest, he was nearer last than first on the turn for home and was still ninth a furlong out, but kept on really strongly to win going away in what was a good race (runner up was beaten a head in a Listed race after, several winners in behind). He has been a bit hit and miss since, finishing 3rd next time out in a valuable Listowel handicap off his new mark of 86, and occupied the same position thereafter at Tipperary over 7 furlongs, a trip shorter than ideal.

He hasn’t done a whole lot subsequently, disappointing at Dundalk in January but he has some fair efforts to his name this summer, running better than the bare result when 4th at Listowel, before finishing runner up over this trip at Navan off a mark of 80. His most promising run was three starts back off a mark of 78 when a good 3rd of 6 behind Vector Force who he re-opposes tomorrow, being beaten 4 lengths. A reproduction of that run would give him every chance here, Vector Force races off 8 pounds higher (clear favourite tomorrow), while the second that day has since won well and was just beaten in a 50k Curragh handicap off 7lbs higher, while the fourth has won twice since.

Barack had excuses next time at Sligo, and has to bounce back from a poor run at Listowel. That said, he has a 16 pound swing in the weights with Vector Force for a 4 length beating at Naas, and carries just 8-3 tomorrow with a rating of 72, with the claimer taking 2lbs off. He saves his best for the track, 3 of his 5 career wins have been here including handicaps off ratings of 82, and a C&D win off a mark of 97, as well as a Listed race, as well as finishing runner up here 3 times. A price of 20/1 is too big to ignore here and he has a big chance if reproducing anything near his best form, given he is well drawn in 8. He’s versatile ground wise and he could out run his big odds here. The well handicapped filly Glassatura is feared most of the remainder

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

One from the tracker and one I've had my eye on for a long time goes tomorrow. Named in honour of the 44th president of America, Barack is very well handicapped at Leopardstown.

He last won a shade over a year ago over an extended mile at this track, Ben Curtis gave him a really good ride and he probably won with a bit more up his sleeve than the ½ length winning margin might suggest, he was nearer last than first on the turn for home and was still ninth a furlong out, but kept on really strongly to win going away in what was a good race (runner up was beaten a head in a Listed race after, several winners in behind). He has been a bit hit and miss since, finishing 3rd next time out in a valuable Listowel handicap off his new mark of 86, and occupied the same position thereafter at Tipperary over 7 furlongs, a trip shorter than ideal.

He hasn’t done a whole lot subsequently, disappointing at Dundalk in January but he has some fair efforts to his name this summer, running better than the bare result when 4th at Listowel, before finishing runner up over this trip at Navan off a mark of 80. His most promising run was three starts back off a mark of 78 when a good 3rd of 6 behind Vector Force who he re-opposes tomorrow, being beaten 4 lengths. A reproduction of that run would give him every chance here, Vector Force races off 8 pounds higher (clear favourite tomorrow), while the second that day has since won well and was just beaten in a 50k Curragh handicap off 7lbs higher, while the fourth has won twice since.

Barack had excuses next time at Sligo, and has to bounce back from a poor run at Listowel. That said, he has a 16 pound swing in the weights with Vector Force for a 4 length beating at Naas, and carries just 8-3 tomorrow with a rating of 72, with the claimer taking 2lbs off. He saves his best for the track, 3 of his 5 career wins have been here including handicaps off ratings of 82, and a C&D win off a mark of 97, as well as a Listed race, as well as finishing runner up here 3 times. A price of 20/1 is too big to ignore here and he has a big chance if reproducing anything near his best form, given he is well drawn in 8. He’s versatile ground wise and he could out run his big odds here. The well handicapped filly Glassatura is feared most of the remainder

Yup. Thanks for highlighting this, I noticed his amazing record at Leopardstown a couple of years ago. I'll be on tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Well I'd hardly call it amazing but he has a liking for the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭ste2010

Ones I fancy tomorrow are pigeon island having been touched off in the same race last season by a neck off a much higher weight particularly accounting for the 10lb claimer on board.
    I fancy broughton to put it up to the more fancied horses in Aintrees first race.
    Also shammick boy @ 10-1 will be out to win the same race as last season at Chepstow off a lower weight again with claimer on board but will have it all to do against regal encore. I'm beginning to think the form lines of regal encore might not prove to be as good as initially expected. Golantilla, the liquidator and others didn't go on as expected last season so there's a chance although he's on a nice mark there might not be a whole lot
    More to come from him. Shammick boy for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Was going to put Shammick Boy up myself ste at 14s but resisted, would like to see a bit more from him but he should win a race soon.

The two others I like, took Fencing at 11/2 in the 5 o'clock at Doncaster, and Casey Top at 12/1 in the second at Wexford could run much better than his price suggests, having been running over 3 miles last twice that he doesn't get but ran well for a long way in the Kerry National. Wexford is a sharp track that suits those that race handy and he could be a good back to lay, he should trade much shorter if going off in front and jumping well. Neither of those are ones to go overboard on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Heading over in the morning for the United game Sunday. Just wondering is their any hassle backing from your phone over their? I presume not but just wondering before i go.

• Advertisement

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Heading over in the morning for the United game Sunday. Just wondering is their any hassle backing from your phone over their? I presume not but just wondering before i go.

Wouldn't imagine so. Was backing horses in cayman, uk, Spain etc. before. Just make sure you do it with wifi so don't blow your roaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Valdez despite top weight should be winning that handicap at chepstow and now back to 2miles. Was well beaten by eduard into 2nd at ayr in april which was no shame and was over 2m4. 5/1 could look big.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Leo 2:05 - Facade @ 3/1 - 4th last time out in a maiden that Together Forever hacked up on. This one beat fellow stable mate Outstanding in that same race and for me was the better traveler in that race, so I'd be shocked if Outstanding reversed that form. Big threat in the race is the favourite Off Limits which wasn't far off Devonshire last time out and you'd expect it to be competing again today.

Another well in horse today is oiseau de nuit..you could
    Probably throw another 6lbs on him with scudamore on board though

Wolv 6:45 - George Cinq @ 8/1 - Been watching this one for a while with the expectation that we would be seeing it quite a bit over the AW this Winter. Horse has been a bit of a monkey, struggling to get out of the stalls and being held up but generally producing well at the close. If it can get out of the stalls quickly today, then this race should be in its grasp.

• Advertisement

Leo 5:25 - Pyromaniac @ 6/1 - This double booked Tony Martin runner looks like it could be the gamble of the day with a steady stream of money flowing to it. Despite it being near top weight, it does have some handy form and with the ground softening over the last few days, I have to think it will be better suited to it than fellow co favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

They're finishing like 3 mile chasers at Donny.

Great ride by Atzeni.

Peculiar ride from McCoy on regal encore .. Stinks..

My cliff horse Burano finally won with me not on it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Barack 2nd, great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Good shout mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Nice pick on Barack
    Thanks Peintre for highlighting that
    backed each way at 20/1

Winner had a tonne in hand looking at the gamble. Barack might have a day in him yet but I'd say he might get 2 or 3 lbs for that, I'll leave him a couple more runs hopefully his form slides a bit and then a mark in the mid 60s should be exploited

2 2nd places and an unlucky 4th.

Seriously folks. If you fancy a horse and see me doing another one in the same race, just do the straight forecast with your own coming first and mine coming second. Loadzamunee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Done a lucky 31 earlier, 4 fallers and the other tailed off. Minefield the early jumps season is!!

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Done a lucky 31 earlier, 4 fallers and the other tailed off. Minefield the early jumps season is!!

Jumps season doesn't properly begin until the Paddy Power meeting.

Advertisement