Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Look Parnell Place

Options
  • 24-10-2014 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

I must say this development has greatly improved the overall look and I hope some more retail businesses open. In the past I had occasion to pick up people at the Bus Station and while I see a small area for such temporary parking I wonder how is it working out in practice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

dewdrop wrote: »
    I must say this development has greatly improved the overall look and I hope some more retail businesses open. In the past I had occasion to pick up people at the Bus Station and while I see a small area for such temporary parking I wonder how is it working out in practice.

I like the changes they have made there.

It's one of the few new upgrades that they have got right after making a balls of most of the rest of the City. I.E. Washington St, Sullivan's Quay, French's Quay, South Main St.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

MrFrisp wrote: »
    I like the changes they have made there.

It's one of the few new upgrades that they have got right after making a balls of most of the rest of the City.

I.E. Washington St, Sullivan's Quay, French's Quay, South Main St. North main st, Popes quay, Well rd/Skehard rd junction, Barrack st, Douglas Village, Maryborough Hill, Dublin Hill junction, Horgans Quay, etc

Yes indeed, if you keep messing around with things that don't need messing with, it proves that you might get the occasional one right, its a pity they cant stop wasting multi millions on ruining the cities traffic flow and spend a fraction of that on resurfacing our dreadful roads,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Anyone been in the "Poor Relation" bar - looks decent from the outside ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Haven't been in there, a friend was in there one night and said it was a bit rough (no idea what that means, given he's an ex-rugger player), surprising given it's a McCabe venture. Looks good though, once the weather returns the front windows open out which is a great feature.

There are rumours too that the building (ex-sports shop) next to the bus station is going to be another big bar-restaurant. The street has really come on a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

who_me wrote: »
    Haven't been in there, a friend was in there one night and said it was a bit rough (no idea what that means, given he's an ex-rugger player), surprising given it's a McCabe venture. Looks good though, once the weather returns the front windows open out which is a great feature.

There are rumours too that the building (ex-sports shop) next to the bus station is going to be another big bar-restaurant. The street has really come on a long way.

I wonder is it attracting a different crowd, certainly under previous lives there used to be a rough element. Must try it one evening...not that I need an excuse !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Andip wrote: »
    I wonder is it attracting a different crowd, certainly under previous lives there used to be a rough element. Must try it one evening...not that I need an excuse !

It's a pub / music venue / music shop. If it's not worth a visit just for the name, it deserves it for that combo! Only Sin É (pub / barber shop??) has it beat!

(Think I'm a little mistaken about it being a McCabe venture, it's leased by, but not run by, the McCabes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

who_me wrote: »
    (Think I'm a little mistaken about it being a McCabe venture, it's leased by, but not run by, the McCabes).

That must be why it's called the poor relation, so! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SandStone

From the outside, The Poor Relation gives the impression of being McCabe's answer to The Oliver Plunkett Oirish pub.

Advertisement