Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 11 from Sandyford to Sandford road for Muckross School

Options
  • 21-10-2014 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi

Is anyone a regular user of the 11 bus from sandyford ? My daughter is starting in muckross next year and as I work in the sandyford industrial estate the plan was to drop her to the 11 bus stop in sandyford and for her to get the 11 to Sanford road and walk down.
    How long would the bus journey take ? Thinking of the 8am bus ? Would that get her to Sanford road and leave enough time to walk to muckross on Marlborough road to be I school for 8.40?

Is it a regular reliable service ? She's my only child so a bit over protective ☺️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Hi

Is anyone a regular user of the 11 bus from sandyford ? My daughter is starting in muckross next year and as I work in the sandyford industrial estate the plan was to drop her to the 11 bus stop in sandyford and for her to get the 11 to Sanford road and walk down.
    How long would the bus journey take ? Thinking of the 8am bus ? Would that get her to Sanford road and leave enough time to walk to muckross on Marlborough road to be I school for 8.40?

Is it a regular reliable service ? She's my only child so a bit over protective ☺️

I've traveling the 11 off peak and it does well to get to Ranelagh in 30 minutes. It has to make do without the advantage of bus lanes for a lot of its route so in the mornings it will be very tight. If you want a more reliable journey time wise, maybe drop her to the Stillorgan DC for either a 145 or 46A to Donnybrook or the Luas to Cowper or Beechwood and walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Better off taking the 46a or 145 if it's possible to make a stop near the dualler.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭thisisadamh

The luas is a 10 min walk from Muckross to the Beechwood stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,247 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Is that a reasonable commute?

Put your exact locations (home/Sandyford and Muckross*) and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

* I think that Muckross can be access from Mount Eden Road and Marlborough Road, so try the different permutations.

Get a child Leap Card http://www.childleapcard.ie/ See fares details here: http://www.childleapcard.ie/fares-information/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,546 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Hi

Looking at the estimated times on www.a-b.ie the 07:40 service should get to Marlborough Road for about 08:05, while the 08:00 departure is estimated to get there for 08:30. I would allow 5-10 minutes over and above these estimates.

I'd suggest that the 07:40 departure might be a better option.

As mentioned above a second option is LUAS to Beechwood and walking from there.

The link below estimates the walk as 15 minutes:
    http://goo.gl/maps/kunML

The LUAS should take 16 minutes from Sandyford stop to Beechwood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Greendiamond

Thank you for all the replies and links

Advertisement