Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap laptop for college

Options
  • 01-10-2012 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

My Sister is going back to college and I would like to buy her a laptop as she needs one. I only have a budget of 300 euro. She only needs it for typing assignments and internet access. I preferably would like to buy online as I can have it delivered to her.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Unless your sister wants to settle for a 10" netbook, you won't have much luck with laptops for less than €300 (except refurbs).

This ASUS 15.6" laptop with an AMD E-450, 4 GB RAM and a 500GB HDD for €333 is probably the best you can get with a very low budget..

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gilally

Many thanks that looks good to me!

But you should really consider spending a little bit more, the AMD Fusion APUs are rather netbook-grade processors. For 60 yoyos more you'll get this Fujitsu 15.6" laptop with a Core i3 2310M. The processor makes all the difference:

F0A4q.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Gilally

What affect would a faster processor have? would it make it quicker to run things etc? Would the laptop you posted be very slow?

The AMD Fusion will cover the most basic requirements but they sure ain't much fun to work with (modern web browsers with plenty open tabs can be quite demanding). As I said, netbook material. Do your sis a favour and get a Core i3. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement