Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

• 18-06-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

Aston Villa Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

This thread is for team talk, Gossip and Rumours pertaining to Aston Villa. This thread is open for all users to post in. There are no preferences for fans of any team.

Please note the following Rules:

1. NO MATCH DISCUSSIONS
    - Match threads will be created for matches/match weeks where required.
    - Match discussion will be deleted.

2. Transfers.
    - When a major transfer occurs, please post in the specific thread
    - We will merge/split discussion on requests
    - We will delete transfer discussion that continues here while a tangent thread is in progress.

3. Users who repeatedly ignore these guidelines will receive warnings/bans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Wes Brown would be a joke of a signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Martin O'Neill did a great job at Villa.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Agreed. We need to rebuild our team with younger players not other teams cast-off's.

Speaking of young players I'd love to see us sign Kyle Walker on a permanent basis. Doubt it will happen unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

oooh

top poster in the last thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

So Villa have got Alex Mcleish.
    Now thats a man who will show Villa some real loyality, and our debt metre is still running.
    We need a man to stable the books were heading for trouble.The board dont have a clue how to run a old standing football club and keep it safe. This board made there money by loaning money. How much have they loaned Villa now.
    We sont have the money or the chairman to make us champions leauge stuff, Im a Villa fan the club comes first, This club been going for over a 120 years now. We formed the first football leauge. Its not all about winning this and that. The Club must come first cups etc second.
    This board need to go because mark my words we are heading for troble.

The new Villa manager as no loyality we know that like most players/managers they are just football mercanarys. We just have to give him a season to see what he does. And keep a eye on what we spend to what we take in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭Patser

Bring back Steve Staunton. He's a Villa legend, would be a loyal manager and could also play left back, since we still have no-one there.

Think that's a joke, well think about the last 3 days and see which of these thoughts has you smiling more.:p

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Alex-McLeish-handed-40million-budget-to-rebuild-article749168.html

£40m for mcleish from randys pocket

i assume we'll supplement that with sales money too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,976 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mick087 wrote: »
    So Villa have got Alex Mcleish.
    Now thats a man who will show Villa some real loyality, and our debt metre is still running.
    We need a man to stable the books were heading for trouble.The board dont have a clue how to run a old standing football club and keep it safe. This board made there money by loaning money. How much have they loaned Villa now.
    We sont have the money or the chairman to make us champions leauge stuff, Im a Villa fan the club comes first, This club been going for over a 120 years now. We formed the first football leauge. Its not all about winning this and that. The Club must come first cups etc second.
    This board need to go because mark my words we are heading for troble.

The new Villa manager as no loyality we know that like most players/managers they are just football mercanarys. We just have to give him a season to see what he does. And keep a eye on what we spend to what we take in.

I'm not normally one to pull people up on poor spelling and grammar, etc, but this post made my brain just give up and leave. I think my pancreas is calling the shots at the moment.

(Though I do love the idea of "mercanarys". Like Tweety with a little fish tail...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Might as well start this thread as we mean to go on....Mcleish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Lerner Out!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Fcked as Villa are I'm still looking forward to the new season starting with this tournament yoke happening in the far east.
    Helix wrote: »
    http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aston-Villa-transfer-news-Alex-McLeish-handed-40million-budget-to-rebuild-article749168.html

£40m for mcleish from randys pocket

i assume we'll supplement that with sales money too

Lol the mirror, about as reliable as the guy down the pub when it comes to transfers.

Lol the mirror, about as reliable as the guy down the pub when it comes to transfers.

theyve actually been quite a bit better in the last 12-18 months

not sure why anyone would fail to believe it anyway, lerner knows he needs to spend big this summer. thats the figure id have expected anyway

away kit out next week with no sponsor

this is particularly great news imo. i hate the strip, but i have a think for sponsorless kits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

theyve actually been quite a bit better in the last 12-18 months

not sure why anyone would fail to believe it anyway, lerner knows he needs to spend big this summer. thats the figure id have expected anyway

I'm going to reckon it'll be a slightly more modest tranfer budget then 40m+.

Goodness knows what kind of player McLeish will bring in, looking through his Brum and Rangers transfers I can't see anyone of note....

I'm going to reckon it'll be a slightly more modest tranfer budget then 40m+.

Goodness knows what kind of player McLeish will bring in, looking through his Brum and Rangers transfers I can't see anyone of note....

well you also need to remember that at blues he wouldnt exactly have had an easy time of getting players to join, so he'd have been held back by that (though he did manage to get hleb in on loan who wouldve been a great signing for a lot of teams, even if he ultimately didnt fit into their gameplan). at rangers youre generally looking at championship quality players for the most part, there arent all that many who want to play in scotland and the champions league is the only real chance of bringing in either over the hill names or young hungry players who want a stepping stone to the premier league

lets wait to see who he goes after before judging. personally ive no idea what kind of players he's going to be after, so im not going to start flinging turds at him just yet. we'll have a better idea where we're going in a few weeks

you're saying we won't spend much, but look at the number of players we need. our squad currently comprises of the following, so it's insane to think we'll spend much less than £40m...

Brad Guzan
    Eric Lichaj
    Luke Young
    Stephen Warnock (likely to leave)
    Richard Dunne (possibly leaving)
    Ciaran Clark
    Habib Beye (won't play, but we mightnt be able to sell him)
    Carlos Cuellar (wants to go back to rangers)
    James Collins (likely to leave)
    Nathan Baker
    Barry Bannan
    Jonathan Hogg
    Stephen Ireland (possibly leaving)
    Shane Lowry
    Stewart Downing
    Ashley Young (leaving)
    Marc Albrighton
    Fabian Delph
    Jean Makoun
    Stiliyan Petrov
    Gabriel Agbonlahor
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Emile Heskey (likely to leave)
    Darren Bent

that's 24 players, 8 of whom are possibly on the way out, 9 of whom are kids under 21, and 6 of whom are currently 30 or will be by the end of the season

Its not so much Alex Mcleish i object too, but the way he went from Birmingham City is All wrong.
    He might turn out to be a great Manager at Villa we just have to give him time.

My problem is with the board another 40 Million to spend.
    Again were is this money coming from?
    What interest will we be paying back?

I think Randy is starting to show his true colours now.
    If we go on loaning money like this then Villa Park will be sold as and rebuilt as a car park lot.

My problem is with the board another 40 Million to spend.
    Again were is this money coming from?
    What interest will we be paying back?

the chairman puts the money in, the interest is tiny

you can have a look at our previous years books online if you wanna read it in any great detail

the chairman puts the money in, the interest is tiny

you can have a look at our previous years books online if you wanna read it in any great detail

We are 70 Million in Debt at the moment, this easy to find out.
    But how much Randy loans it for i dont know and carnt find out, then how much he loans it to Villa for is just next to inposible to find out.
    I dont belive that Randy is loaning Villa money out of his own pocket at little interest, thats just rubbish. Randy is a buissness man he as no interest in Football or Aston Villa as a club. He wants to make money pure and simple.

So many of us belived Doug was bad for the Club but into days world of football we could do with him back.

I use to read how well Leeds was doing and how great there chairman Peter Ridsdale was by getting low interest loans to bankroll the club and they went all the way to the semi final of the champions leauge..The rest is history

What do we want spend 200 million to win the prem leauge then the champions leauge, how much would villa get for winning them 2. Bet you there would be a very big short fall.

We are 70 Million in Debt at the moment, this easy to find out.
    But how much Randy loans it for i dont know and carnt find out, then how much he loans it to Villa for is just next to inposible to find out.
    I dont belive that Randy is loaning Villa money out of his own pocket at little interest, thats just rubbish. Randy is a buissness man he as no interest in Football or Aston Villa as a club. He wants to make money pure and simple.

So many of us belived Doug was bad for the Club but into days world of football we could do with him back.

I use to read how well Leeds was doing and how great there chairman Peter Ridsdale was by getting low interest loans to bankroll the club and they went all the way to the semi final of the champions leauge..The rest is history

What do we want spend 200 million to win the prem leauge then the champions leauge, how much would villa get for winning them 2. Bet you there would be a very big short fall.

we're not in debt at all

youre completely misunderstanding the losses

Sorry Helix your right.
    Its not 70 million were in debt its in fact 110 Million.
    How on earth am i misunderstanding the loss, a loss is a loss nothing to misunderstand in that.

And what makes this worse is that we are in debt to 1 person Randy.
    This not good at all.

When UEFA put in place the new rules Villa wont be able to play in Europe if they qualify untill they pay off what they owe, Villa dont have 110 miliion unless Randy writes this off.

Can you really see him doing this?

Come on Lets get our club in order. We have never been in this much debt since the Bendalls got us into all sorts of trouble back in the 80s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

We are already well on our way towards trading more profitably. My only concern right now is how mcleish performs. Oh, and that I lost 30 quid laying the tosser.

Lets give Alex a fair go, at least a season.
    He did a great job at all clubs.DHe got Rangers into the last 16 of champions leauge,i think he might be the only Manger in Scotland to do that, dont quote me thoe.
    He won Blues there first cup since time started, so lets give him a fair chance.

Sorry Helix your right.
    Its not 70 million were in debt its in fact 110 Million.
    How on earth am i misunderstanding the loss, a loss is a loss nothing to misunderstand in that.

And what makes this worse is that we are in debt to 1 person Randy.
    This not good at all.

When UEFA put in place the new rules Villa wont be able to play in Europe if they qualify untill they pay off what they owe, Villa dont have 110 miliion unless Randy writes this off.

Can you really see him doing this?

Come on Lets get our club in order. We have never been in this much debt since the Bendalls got us into all sorts of trouble back in the 80s.

mick mick mick

you dont understand the new financial rules at all

every club starts on july 1st at £0

from that point onwards the debt accrued will fall under the remit of the rules, preexisting debt will not

aston villa as a company dont have any debt right now aside from the low cost loans from lerners holding company. the money he gives us from transfers is not in the form of loans, its in the form of him putting his hand in his pocket and giving us the cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

away kit out next week with no sponsor

this is particularly great news imo. i hate the strip, but i have a think for sponsorless kits

Where did you hear that? They haven't even unveiled the official kit photos yet so I doubt they will be releasing anything before it has officially been announced.

Btw I heard a rumour that mobile phone manufacture HTC have approached us in regards to a shirt sponsorship deal. Could be total b.s. though.

Raekwon wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? They haven't even unveiled the official kit photos yet so I doubt they will be releasing anything before it has officially been announced.

Btw I heard a rumour that mobile phone manufacture HTC have approached us in regards to a shirt sponsorship deal. Could be total b.s. though.

sure its listed for sale on friday at the link below, and several of the lads on VT have been in their local sports stores and been told theyve already got the stock in for a thursday or friday release

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/nike-aston-villa-away-shirt-2011/12/27837/

the club are BRUTAL when it comes to anything kit related.

the htc thing is bull, it started on villa talk when people started mocking kits with a htc logo since they sponsored the android app or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Do you think the Mcleish will get Ireland performing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

well you also need to remember that at blues he wouldnt exactly have had an easy time of getting players to join, so he'd have been held back by that (though he did manage to get hleb in on loan who wouldve been a great signing for a lot of teams, even if he ultimately didnt fit into their gameplan). at rangers youre generally looking at championship quality players for the most part, there arent all that many who want to play in scotland and the champions league is the only real chance of bringing in either over the hill names or young hungry players who want a stepping stone to the premier league

lets wait to see who he goes after before judging. personally ive no idea what kind of players he's going to be after, so im not going to start flinging turds at him just yet. we'll have a better idea where we're going in a few weeks

you're saying we won't spend much, but look at the number of players we need. our squad currently comprises of the following, so it's insane to think we'll spend much less than £40m...

Brad Guzan
    Eric Lichaj
    Luke Young
    Stephen Warnock (likely to leave)
    Richard Dunne (possibly leaving)
    Ciaran Clark
    Habib Beye (won't play, but we mightnt be able to sell him)
    Carlos Cuellar (wants to go back to rangers)
    James Collins (likely to leave)
    Nathan Baker
    Barry Bannan
    Jonathan Hogg
    Stephen Ireland (possibly leaving)
    Shane Lowry
    Stewart Downing
    Ashley Young (leaving)
    Marc Albrighton
    Fabian Delph
    Jean Makoun
    Stiliyan Petrov
    Gabriel Agbonlahor
    Nathan Delfouneso
    Emile Heskey (likely to leave)
    Darren Bent

that's 24 players, 8 of whom are possibly on the way out, 9 of whom are kids under 21, and 6 of whom are currently 30 or will be by the end of the season

Did Culleur play for Rangers under McLeish? If he did it might mean he´ll get a run in the team and want to stay.

If McLeish was to bring anyone from Birmingham the only players I´d consider are Foster, Dann and possibly Larsson

matrim wrote: »
    Did Culleur play for Rangers under McLeish? If he did it might mean he´ll get a run in the team and want to stay.
    n

nah he was after mcleish afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭pavb2

Do you think the Mcleish will get Ireland performing?

Difficult one to answer great asset if he plays to his potential but I think Houllier hinted he needed to work on his atitude.Doesn't like Birmingham (the city) by all accounts etc etc

Over 2 years left on contract, injuries, hasn't strung too many games together recently big wages. So take a chance hope he performs or offload pronto, problem is I don't know who'd buy him & meet his wage demands.Defining season for him

I think goalie is priority my preference is Given but Robinson & Green have also been mentioned.

As for Blues players who knows but money talks.Should also put a cheeky bid in for Milner.

• Advertisement

pavb2 wrote: »
    Over 2 years left on contract

3 no? we hardly signed him on a 3 year deal did we? that'd be ridiculous carry on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement