Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

TomTom Congestion Index

Options
  • 10-07-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

TomTom has published a congestion index which lists Dublin as the 6th most congested city in Europe. I noticed that the most congested day was March 28th and I wondered was this the day of the major floods in the city which reaked travel chaos. It turns out that we were actually in the midst of a mini heat wave that day. Which begs the question: Do irish drives turn into even bigger halfwits when we have good weather? Gawking at young ones in revealing clothing or just sunbathing in the car?
    http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/395792-tomtom.html#document/p3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I thought of that OSI, but I also thought that extra commuter car traffic and the slowdown in commuter car traffic due to rain would be worse than people heading to the beach etc. I also thought they would be more inclined to go for a walk outside on a sunny wednesday evening in March than drive to the beach etc.

Anecdotally, I do notice that Irish drivers turn into halfwits when it's sunny. It used to be rainy days that caused the problems when I lived in the tropics. It's what you're used to I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I would imagine it's simply due to people rushing out of the office/work as soon as possible in order to enjoy the rest of the day leading to a more concentrated rush hour than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I've no problem admitting that I'm guilty of slowing down to watch the ladies during fine weather. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

ballooba wrote: »
    TomTom has published a congestion index which lists Dublin as the 6th most congested city in Europe. I noticed that the most congested day was March 28th and I wondered was this the day of the major floods in the city which reaked travel chaos. It turns out that we were actually in the midst of a mini heat wave that day. Which begs the question: Do irish drives turn into even bigger halfwits when we have good weather? Gawking at young ones in revealing clothing or just sunbathing in the car?
    http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/395792-tomtom.html#document/p3

I think Irish drivers are bad hail or shine and it doesn't help congestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    I've no problem admitting that I'm guilty of slowing down to watch the ladies during fine weather. :cool:

You've got a reason to slow down. They'd be quicker to look back at your motor than any of ours.

• Advertisement
Advertisement