Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EU Travel - Audi Service Deal: Service includes Free European Breakdown Assistance

• 10-07-2012 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

FYI

If anyone has an Audi and is planning a trip to the EU with it (my case), if you service your car at an authorised Audi garage, they have a new offer that will give you a free years European Breakdown Assistance. The offer has only come in in the last few weeks i.e. June 2012.

I was enquiring from Audi about Breakdown cover and they told me about it. The Audi Service Center were supposed to tell me but they didn't. Saves me buying it for the trip.

Also, they have some offers on their service prices of recent which makes keeping the full service history more affordable.

Now all I need are some breathalysers for France and spare bulbs for Spain! If anyone has any other tips/requirements for EU travel let me know.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Take your Vehicle registration certificate + Insurance Certificate and carry it with you at all times when driving.
    Having NCT certificate with you is not a bad idea either, but I believe windscreen disc should suffice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

msvalhalla wrote: »
    FYI

If anyone has an Audi and is planning a trip to the EU with it (my case), if you service your car at an authorised Audi garage, they have a new offer that will give you a free years European Breakdown Assistance. The offer has only come in in the last few weeks i.e. June 2012.

I was enquiring from Audi about Breakdown cover and they told me about it. The Audi Service Center were supposed to tell me but they didn't. Saves me buying it for the trip.

Also, they have some offers on their service prices of recent which makes keeping the full service history more affordable.

Now all I need are some breathalysers for France and spare bulbs for Spain! If anyone has any other tips/requirements for EU travel let me know.

Mike

For France I believe you have to have fluorescent jackets for all passengers that can be accessed without leaving the car - i.e. leave them in the cabin.

I'd never take any original documents with me when going on holiday - I'd take a copy only.

SSE

I'd never take any original documents with me when going on holiday - I'd take a copy only.

SSE

You are required by law to carry original.
    I would never even think about chancing driving abroad without licence, VRC and insurance cert in my pocket.
    Without that most likely your car would be seized at first police check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

CiniO wrote: »
    You are required by law to carry original.
    I would never even think about chancing driving abroad without licence, VRC and insurance cert in my pocket.
    Without that most likely your car would be seized at first police check.

Licence - yes, will always have this. Insurance doc. - colour photocopy. Reg. cert. - colour photocopy. If car is owned by third party - copy of letter giving permission.

Personally I'd trade off the risk of having a copied reg. cert. against the hassle of replacing it if stolen or lost, which is always a huge risk on holiday.

I've been stopped a couple of times in France and the above has always sufficed. Empirical evidence maybe but there you go, I cannot advise people to not comply with the law. In fact the last time I went I only had the licence!

I gather the breathalyser rules will not be enforced until November.

SSE

Personally I'd trade off the risk of having a copied reg. cert. against the hassle of replacing it if stolen or lost, which is always a huge risk on holiday.

I've been stopped a couple of times in France and the above has always sufficed.

Every country is different and every police is bit different with enforcing rules.
    F.E. the same rule applies in Ireland that every foreign car driver (including UK) must carry registration certificate with him at all times. We all know gards would never really bother checking it.
    Maybe it works fine in France with copies. But go and try it in Germany. I would love to see that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement