Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honda s2000 buying advice

• 03-07-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey guys, going to look at and test drive an s2000 this evening. Just wondering if anybody knows anything I should look out for in particular? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

anything I should look out for in particular?

gosafe.jpgThis :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Any links to the car thats for sale? Is it Uk or Jap? Year?
    There's been a few for sale recently that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole that have been ragged to bits in videos all over youtube.

If its a Uk import have a good root for rust and even consider a motorcheck, I've come across damaged repaired uk imports that the seller had "no knowledge" of a couple of times.

If its raining all the better, give the roof a good check, particularly at the rubbers just above the window as they tend to leak once perished, and look for wear or fraying where the frame meets the roof behind your head/rear of your shoulder.

If the car's lowered check the back for negative camber on the rear which will go through tyres in no time

Heres a link to a thread with more indepth points - http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/775801-what-to-look-for-when-buying-a-used-s2000/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

5500 wrote: »
    Any links to the car thats for sale? Is it Uk or Jap? Year?
    There's been a few for sale recently that I wouldn't touch with a barge pole that have been ragged to bits in videos all over youtube.

If its a Uk import have a good root for rust and even consider a motorcheck, I've come across damaged repaired uk imports that the seller had "no knowledge" of a couple of times.

If its raining all the better, give the roof a good check, particularly at the rubbers just above the window as they tend to leak once perished, and look for wear or fraying where the frame meets the roof behind your head/rear of your shoulder.

If the car's lowered check the back for negative camber on the rear which will go through tyres in no time

Heres a link to a thread with more indepth points - http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/775801-what-to-look-for-when-buying-a-used-s2000/

Never a good idea to view a car in the rain. Plenty of things can be hidden. Run it through a car-wash or throw a hose over it to check the roof.

Also see if TestTransmission on here is around. He owns a very clean '99 S2000 and would probably have some words of advice for you. Another poster here also has a stunning red one but I forgot his username. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Greyfoot

166man wrote: »
    Never a good idea to view a car in the rain. Plenty of things can be hidden.

I think for one particular reason it is best to view a car during rain.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW6hL7MAVLG4heGW3cUEYxvCSINf2oMl3fauEFoRAaw6JkWeRU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Also see if TestTransmission on here is around. He owns a very clean '99 S2000 and would probably have some words of advice for you.

It's a 00 god damn it. :pac:

Rust, roof, oil.Some of the earlier ones tend to like oil, ask the owner, it should of had regular changes.He should be honest if he is anyway enthusiastic about the car.The softtop is expensive to replace.I'm still due to replace mine. :(

The seat bolsters can wear due to use, the boot can also take water in so check for dampness, this can cause terrible rust.Look for one with decent tyres, seized bushings is also a common problem.I'd recommend a good read through s2ki.com as everything you need to know is there.

As the previous poster said there are plenty of UK cars which were wrote off.I'd also have someone look at it who can see the tell tale signs of accident damage.So, a history check would be handy.

Insurance is terrible btw, Aviva are the only company who will quote me.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

markoire wrote: »
    Hey guys, going to look at and test drive an s2000 this evening. Just wondering if anybody knows anything I should look out for in particular? Thanks.

a full documented service is the most important bit.

a full documented service is the most important bit.

What would you expect to be documented for the s2000?

rubber duckies drinking tea of course?

if that was a serious question.

well stamps from a dealer would be the most obvious.

S2000s are not cheap and repairs are not cheap also.

Also visit dedicated forums in the uk for this stuff.. invaluable advice.

I was going to consider one as I am in the UK, but I couldn't face up to it being stole or vandalised.

(that and being banned from the road)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭markoire

Thanks for all the replys guys. It was raining when I went to look at the car.
    Heres the link http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3557806

As expected for the price it was not the cleanest of examples. No mention of NCT etc always raises suspicion straight away. It was for sale in a dealers "on behalf of a friend" supposedly.
    Apparently it has been under a cover for two years and was tax and NCT expired in 2009. From the front it looks fine. From the rear there are a couple of panels out of line and it has clearly had some bad paint work. There are also a few rust patches although they may not be serious. The roof operated perfectly, tried it a couple of times and no evidence of damp in the boot etc.
    Unfortunately the engine management light was on, could be just something simple. Also the alarm had been removed and the immobiliser had been disabled leaving wires hanging everywhere. And the radio had also been removed.
    It drove very well though, I really do miss good petrol cars!!
    Anyway I definitely want an s2000 now but dont think i'll be going for this one considering the work needed!!
    Log book says 3 owners and its an Irish car supposedly.
    Anyone else know anything more about it?!

• Advertisement

markoire wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replys guys. It was raining when I went to look at the car.
    Heres the link http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3557806

As expected for the price it was not the cleanest of examples. No mention of NCT etc always raises suspicion straight away. It was for sale in a dealers "on behalf of a friend" supposedly.
    Apparently it has been under a cover for two years and was tax and NCT expired in 2009. From the front it looks fine. From the rear there are a couple of panels out of line and it has clearly had some bad paint work. There are also a few rust patches although they may not be serious. The roof operated perfectly, tried it a couple of times and no evidence of damp in the boot etc.
    Unfortunately the engine management light was on, could be just something simple. Also the alarm had been removed and the immobiliser had been disabled leaving wires hanging everywhere. And the radio had also been removed.
    It drove very well though, I really do miss good petrol cars!!
    Anyway I definitely want an s2000 now but dont think i'll be going for this one considering the work needed!!
    Log book says 3 owners and its an Irish car supposedly.
    Anyone else know anything more about it?!

read first 3 lines

walk walk walk...

buying a car like this you need to bide your time for the right one, that looks totally not what you want.

repairs on performance cars is not cheap.

check out the price for parts on lings web site.

By the price that car is going for its obvious it was going to need a few euro put into it to get it clean, but with the rear looking off it may well have been binned sideways into something and repaired cheap/badly.

I'm on the lookout for another s2k myself, I previously had one for a couple of years and it's unfortunate to say there's a hell of a lot of rough ones here and it's very very hard to find a clean well looked after one especially for the right money.

Importing from the uk isn't really feasible with them due to the vrt cost.

I think I'd stay clear from it unless you have the time and money to put into it and even then you'd be better waiting on a clean one.

There's a white one after popping up on donedeal in the last day or two as well, steer clear of this one, there's videos of it on YouTube taking lumps out of various carparks and been given death

Greyfoot wrote: »
    I think for one particular reason it is best to view a car during rain.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTW6hL7MAVLG4heGW3cUEYxvCSINf2oMl3fauEFoRAaw6JkWeRU

Fair enough, but seeing marks on the bodywork and checking to see if panels are lined up correctly are all harder in the rain or if it's been raining. Also if it is raining when viewing a car the chances are that you will run through it quicker to get out of the rain (naturally) so you could skip over a vital detail.

Regardless, I would never view a car if it's raining. Especially a performance car.

@TT my sincere apologies, I was certain it was a '99 one for some reason..:D

By the price that car is going for its obvious it was going to need a few euro put into it to get it clean, but with the rear looking off it may well have been binned sideways into something and repaired cheap/badly.

I'm on the lookout for another s2k myself, I previously had one for a couple of years and it's unfortunate to say there's a hell of a lot of rough ones here and it's very very hard to find a clean well looked after one especially for the right money.

I think I'd stay clear from it unless you have the time and money to put into it and even then you'd be better waiting on a clean one.

There's a white one after popping up on donedeal in the last day or two as well, steer clear of this one, there's videos of it on YouTube taking lumps out of various carparks and been given death

its also too old.

In all fairness you would have to take a trip across the English channel if you want a decent S2K.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

What would you expect to be documented for the s2000?

I would not expect service history on 99-01 car at all. If its there, then it's a bonus.
    Poeple put way too much faith in to history. When I checked my first wrx it had full service history and car it self was scrap. The one I got in the end did not had a single receipt, but it is spotless.

On performance cars a lot of the time enthusiast do it themselfs or got good Indy garages to work on them.
    It's easy to get fake receipts done too.

Look at the car itself, not paper work. If its there, then it's a nice bonus.

I was going to consider one as I am in the UK, but I couldn't face up to it being stole or vandalised.

its also too old.

In all fairness you would have to take a trip across the English channel if you want a decent S2K.
    It was yeah.
    Stamps from a dealer?The majority of the s2k owners in both Ireland and the UK don't bring their s2000 to dealers as they really don't have a clue.I used to bring mine to urban performance and recently have serviced the car along with the help of mates.This is pretty much the case for any s2000 owner I know.I'd much rather buy one of an enthusiast than one than one that has some documentation from a dealer.S2000's go back as far as 99, and plenty are imports from Japan with no history and are in fantastic condition.I've been in plenty of fantastic s2000's car from here, going over the channel to get one really isn't an idea due to the extortionate vrt.

Repairs are actually pretty cheap also btw. ;)

Main stealers certainly seem lacking with s2ks here, I used to use the tuning factory for work on my own if it was something I couldn't handle myself, the dealers didn't seem to like the fact the car was jdm either as opposed to the uk/Irish spec.

Japan is still an option for import as the vrt isn't as bad as the uk, I'm trawling the auctions myself at the minute and if the right car comes up I'll take it. It's going to work out 2k or so dearer than what the price would likely to be buying here but I still feel its a cleaner better car you would be getting than some of the examples that are for sale here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

its also too old.

Why go to France for 1?
    Would continental ones not be left hand drive?

It was yeah.
    Stamps from a dealer?The majority of the s2k owners in both Ireland and the UK don't bring their s2000 to dealers as they really don't have a clue.I used to bring mine to urban performance and recently have serviced the car along with the help of mates.This is pretty much the case for any s2000 owner I know.I'd much rather buy one of an enthusiast than one than one that has some documentation from a dealer.S2000's go back as far as 99, and plenty are imports from Japan with no history and are in fantastic condition.I've been in plenty of fantastic s2000's car from here, going over the channel to get one really isn't an idea due to the extortionate vrt.

Repairs are actually pretty cheap also btw. ;)

run of the mill repairs are cheap if you mean oil and stuff.

repairs to other stuff wont be cheap at all.

the engine itself wont be a problem as its a honda but other areas need to be looked out for.

Why go to France for 1?
    Would continental ones not be left hand drive?

well good luck in Getting one that wont cost a fortune to get to 'as new' condition in Ireland for a decent price.

I did not realise front suspension and drive shafts were so expensive on an accord.

I would be surprised if they were any cheaper on a S2K.

but with 190bhp on the front wheels and 8 years old its normal enough to have wear and tear on the splines of the shafts.

0-30 1st
    30-60 2nd
    60-90 3rd
    90-120 4th
    120-140 5th.

thats how to test a honda.. :p

should be rock solid across all gear changes, no shuddering, no vibrations.

just need some nice open spaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

... Another poster here also has a stunning red one but I forgot his username. :o

That'd be me... I hope :pac:

As stated, you don't need a documented history. Get the car checked, and if it all gets the green light from a trusted mechanic, that's all you need.
    Mine had no history, but the Motorcheck and inspection checked out, and it's given no big bother since.

Repairs / maintenance aren't that bad to be fair. It's a performance car, so it'll cost more than a Hyundai Accent or whatever, but it won't leave you penniless like a BMW / Porsche service or repair.

I thoroughly recommend it if you can handle:

1) Massive insurance
    2) Not much space
    3) Petrol bills higher than normal
    4) A girlfriend / other half who may nag you about it :D

the engine itself wont be a problem as its a honda but other areas need to be looked out for.
    Like what?what areas?

I did not realise front suspension and drive shafts were so expensive on an accord.

I would be surprised if they were any cheaper on a S2K.

but with 190bhp on the front wheels and 8 years old its normal enough to have wear and tear on the splines of the shafts...............

No it's not.

The S2000 is rwd so not at all comparable to the set up in an Accord.

ya, but the parts, drive train.. all £££££.

a worn out S2K will cost to put right.

If you drive it, use my 'lose your licence' method, its the only way to find out if it will have underlying issues.

if it passes that test its practically good to go, all you need to check then is the clutch, the roof and its surrounds, and things like a/c and the compressor all small things like that will cost if not working.

A dogey drive train, clutch, tranny, engine problems etc will all show up if you drive the car hard through the gear ratios.

of course you need to do that test at your own risk. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Buy a Euro R instead

RoverJames wrote: »
    No it's not.

The S2000 is rwd so not at all comparable to the set up in an Accord.

yes it is, most of these cars will have been driven at speeds of 100mph or more for quite a long part of their life while being in the red line almost every other day.

try that on a rover and it would blow up.

having said that a lot of drive shaft problems are common on 2.2 diesel accords with 100k miles or so on the clock, but the problem is also quite common on 2.4 petrol's...ones which obviously have had a enjoyable life.

get me a 8 year old rover of any sort with 190bhp and without a service for 30,000 miles.

they would either be in a scrap yard or would need an entire engine rebuilt, maybe an entire car rebuilt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

Weekend car/Enthusiasts car.

Not all high performance cars have been ragged tbh

Jimbob 83 wrote: »
    Weekend car/Enthusiasts car.

Not all high performance cars have been ragged tbh

Honda's love to be ragged.. the engine that is.

check out any Honda enthusiasts site, drive train and drive shaft problems are very common on performance engines. (k24 etc).

unfortunately drive shafts and cv joints are notoriously expensive.

but the grin on your face each day makes it less painful.

yes it is, most of these cars will have been driven at speeds of 100mph or more for quite a long part of their life while being in the red line almost every other day.

get me a 8 year old rover of any sort with 190bhp and without a service for 30,000 miles.

they would either be in a scrap yard or would need an entire engine rebuilt, maybe an entire car rebuilt.

You do walk yourself into these :pac:
    My rover is redlined daily, it's 180 bhp, I average 20mpg, when I bought it in 2010 it was 8 years old and was according to the service indicator on the display 16k miles overdue a service, this was backed up by the service history which detailed the last service being at 52k miles, the service interval is 15k miles so it had gone 31k without a service :)

Contrary to your post above it is not in a scrap yard, nor did it require an engine rebuild or "an entire car rebuilt" (whatever that is :confused: ).

It did develop a stuck tappet though which was remedied by using a gentle flush :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79125754

Funny you mentioned that now isn't it :pac:

I've had a Honda myself, an ole Prelude, great cars honda make, that does not detract from the fact you are talking sh1t about 8 year old cars that run close to 200bhp experiencing worn drive drive shafts and cv joints being common due to the power bla bla bla.

Out of interest when you test drove your Accord how come these issues weren't apparent to you, seems as you are so much in the know and all??

• Advertisement

my accord had 30k miles unaccounted for.. irrespective of the maintenance schedule.

so i assumed the last Pakistani owner just ran it ragged and drove against the kerb from Leicester to Islamabad somehow.

anyway, i noticed the clutch and he was saying bla blah thats the way it should be.

I had it 2 further weeks when i realised it needed to go, i regret now not putting in a performance clutch and DMF, as changing a clutch in a CL7 accord takes a Honda garage a whole day, and thats with a crew of Honda mechanics.

It was veering to the left which was a simple alignment problem.

the vibration was much more difficult as you don't notice it until you red line in thru the gears at lose your license speed.

so for most normal people this would not even be noticed.

I was looking for a 2.4 executive, saw none around my post code for that price. took 4 hours to look at it and took a chance, drives like new now.

I am in the process of getting eibach springs but too busy with work, the alloys also need to go. So I am not done with it yet but I wont turn it into a barry mobile.

passed a MOT a month ago, good for another year.

4 grand i spent, you would pay that anyway for a decent 2004 executive. Cost 24 grand new and it tells when you drive it.

And if you are so inclined you can quite easily get another 40bph or so with bolt on's.

Have had it since March and best car i ever drove, just very easy to get penalty points on.

Will keep it another year and see whats next... was looking at getting a S2K also and a A4 Quattro 220bhp for about £6k gbp at the time, but don't regret buying this.

.................. as changing a clutch in a CL7 accord takes a Honda garage a whole day, and thats with a crew of Honda mechanics. ...............

You don't actually believe that do you?

yes because a owner took photos of them doing it. (with their permission)

do you know the work involved, you clearly know fek all about Honda's.

the whole subframe, gear box, etc has to go.

its 6/7 hours work.

I took it to a local garage in Leicester (who bust my abs sensor and caused all the lights on the dash to come on).

the owner was a c<>t and obv underestimated the work involved. 1 days work turned into a week.

he also never put gear box oil in after removing it, i found out that while a garage in Scotland replaced the passenger side drive shaft.

I don't think you drove a 2.4 one. :p

Honda charge about 800quid to do a clutch.

thats why I'm saying to be careful to anyone who wants to buy a S2K...

a purchase for 5/6k euro can easily eat up 2/3 grand on repairs if its badly looked after... and for that price ..well thats what good examples cost

the whole subframe, gear box, etc has to go.

its 6/7 hours work.

I don't think you drove a 2.4 one. :p

Honda charge about 800quid to do a clutch.

If it took a "crew" of mechanics a day to change the clutch and DMF it would cost a lot more than £800 :) The clutch kit would retail at over £250.
    Subframes have to be dropped on loads of cars nowadays to do a clutch.

I most definitely have driven a 2.4 Accord.

I don't see how reckoning that you're wrong means I "clearly know fek all about Honda's", as mentioned I have owned a Prelude in the past.

run of the mill repairs are cheap if you mean oil and stuff.

Im sorry but your use of the word ''stuff'' twice in one post when referring to engine parts would lead me to believe your knowledge of cars leaves much to be desired.

having said that a lot of drive shaft problems are common on 2.2 diesel accords with 100k miles or so on the clock, but the problem is also quite common on 2.4 petrol's...ones which obviously have had a enjoyable life.

I mean why would you even bring in the Rover argument into this. You're just derailing another thread for the OP. Grow up.
    Honda's love to be ragged.. the engine that is.

check out any Honda enthusiasts site, drive train and drive shaft problems are very common on performance engines. (k24 etc).

unfortunately drive shafts and cv joints are notoriously expensive.

but the grin on your face each day makes it less painful.

You must think that your Honda is the best car ever made the way you go on about it. Fact is it's a petrol saloon with a 2.4 engine and in my opinion a crap interior. It's just another executive mobile and you seem to think it's a racecar. You also quite clearly bought a lemon but cannot admit that.

I also hope nobody ever has the misfortune to buy a car off you, hearing about the way you drive it. Just get over yourself and post something of use to the OP instead of trying to get a rise out of RJ.

............ i regret now not putting in a performance clutch and DMF..........

Does a CL7 have a DMF?

• Advertisement

If it took a "crew" of mechanics a day to change the clutch and DMF it would cost a lot more than £800 :) The clutch kit would retail at over £250.
    Subframes have to be dropped on loads of cars nowadays to do a clutch.

I most definitely have driven a 2.4 Accord.

I don't see how reckoning that you're wrong means I "clearly know fek all about Honda's", as mentioned I have owned a Prelude in the past.

not a DMF...why would they change a DMF for a clutch job unless it was requested and its unlikely to be need replacing in most clutch jobs.

just the release bearing, disc, pressure plate.

the 800 gbp price is a happy Honda price, i believe thats for people with warranty's.

for others it would be over a grand i guess. And its a huge job. Ask any mechanic who has done this work. He will say its a cUUnt of a job.

you seem to have driven every car under the sun and i am seriously doubtful.

I'm not making out my car to be a Gallardo but there are not many in Scotland, let alone Ireland. Most of Irish ones are autos without touch screen sat nav, and you would want to have a brain lose to want a K24 in a auto box.

I have seen just a few in 6 months driving in the uk, you can tell the executives as they sit higher on the road (unless they are lowered and most aren't).

Does a CL7 have a DMF?

CL9 yes, but i could have put in an uprated one... if i knew the work involved.

CL9 also has fly by wire throttle etc.

Im sorry but your use of the word ''stuff'' twice in one post when referring to engine parts would lead me to believe your knowledge of cars leaves much to be desired.

I mean why would you even bring in the Rover argument into this. You're just derailing another thread for the OP. Grow up.

You must think that your Honda is the best car ever made the way you go on about it. Fact is it's a petrol saloon with a 2.4 engine and in my opinion a crap interior. It's just another executive mobile and you seem to think it's a racecar. You also quite clearly bought a lemon but cannot admit that.

I also hope nobody ever has the misfortune to buy a car off you, hearing about the way you drive it. Just get over yourself and post something of use to the OP instead of trying to get a rise out of RJ.

unlike an alfa a honda can easily put up with that 'racing'

you seem like a puppy. The K24 is not built for nuns, its meant to be driven in the red line, (it loves it). why not test it to its full abilities to see it does as it should do? (same goes for a S2K).

of course if you tried that in your car it might spontaneously combust.

It got a MOT until next year, as long as i intend to own it., I will post up some new pics some day, and i'm sure everyone will say what a lovely lemon.

the interior is as good as any of the other cars i driven and it wont fall apart like an alfa.

you don't know fub all about Honda's, so stick to the 166.

about as desirable as a litter of stray kittens.

(in a dumpster)

petrol station with a 2.4 engine is fine by me. I get at least 300 miles on a tank, 400 on long trips and -250 if I am being naughty.

why don't you buy a nissan leaf ?

good for the environment so they say.

Fly by wire throttle was on diesel Accords in the mid to late 90s.... hardly worth a mention 15 years later. Seems as your cl7 doesn't have a dmf I'm struggling to see how one would be fitted easily.

I already told him forget that S2K so i have done my bit.

if he buys that I can almost guarantee at least 2/3 grand on repairs to get it up to the standard it was designed.

Its 2001 model...it will need attention and judging from the add a lot of attention.

• Advertisement

unlike an alfa a honda can easily put up with that 'racing'

you seem like a puppy. The K24 is not built for nuns, its meant to be driven in the red line, (it loves it). why not test it to its full abilities to see it does as it should do? (same goes for a S2K).

of course if you tried that in your car it might spontaneously combust.

It got a MOT until next year, as long as i intend to own it., I will post up some new pics some day, and i'm sure everyone will say what a lovely lemon.

the interior is as good as any of the other cars i driven and it wont fall apart like an alfa.

you don't know fub all about Honda's, so stick to the 166.

about as desirable as a litter of stray kittens.

(in a dumpster)

petrol station with a 2.4 engine is fine by me. I get at least 300 miles on a tank, 400 on long trips and -250 if I am being naughty.

why don't you buy a nissan leaf ?

good for the environment so they say.

I lol'd... :D

You're doing yourself no good on this forum the way you carry on. It's little wonder people don't have much time for you on here. You don't know what you are talking about as regards to Alfa's too.

I just wish I had a 166 too...:o

Fly by wire throttle was on diesel Accords in the mid to late 90s.... hardly worth a mention 15 years later. Seems as your cl7 doesn't have a dmf I'm struggling to see how one would be fitted easily.

Its a CL9, CL7s are 2.0

Anyway, f**k this i have to work.

OP: dont buy that S2K...im sure he has already decided that.

I lol'd... :D

You're doing yourself no good on this forum the way you carry on. It's little wonder people don't have much time for you on here. You don't know what you are talking about as regards to Alfa's too.

I just wish I had a 166 too...:o

the only noteworthy alfa 166 is a late gen 3litre v6 model.

Its a CL9, CL7s are 2.0

Anyway, f**k this i have to work.

OP: dont buy that S2K...im sure he has already decided that.

Why were you blowing on about crews of mechanics doing a clutch on a CL7 ?
    You must only be after finding out recently tis a CL9 you have....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78149974
    You know you're Honda stuff alright ...interestingly a post on that thread agrees that there isn't as much labour required as you allude to.

Why were you blowing on about crews of mechanics doing a clutch on a CL7 ?
    You must only be after finding out recently tis a CL9 you have....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=78149974
    You know you're Honda stuff alright ...interestingly a post on that thread agrees that there isn't as much labour required as you allude to.

well CL7 is just 7th gen.

the CL9 is the same 7th gen shape but with the 2.4 engine. thats all.

so for people here i just used CL7 as i figured everyone would know what that was.

I got my clutch done for 500quid, but i would have spent a grand from honda after the mare I put up with from the indy garage. He clearly did not know how much work was involved, he said that when i paid (his original quote, not a weeks worth of labour), anyone who says changing a clutch on the accord is as easy as an astra .........

Before sprouting stuff like that ask a mechanic who has actually done a clutch on a 2.4 accord.. i believe it might be more difficult than a 2.0 one.

and regarding the DMF, I am not exactly sure if it got a DMF... i was told contradicting stuff. I know the diesel got one.

doesn't matter anyway as the clutch assembly wont be getting tended to again for my lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I heard you need 5 mechanics, 2 solicitors, 3 priests and a plumber to change a light bulb in s2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I heard you need 5 mechanics, 2 solicitors, 3 priests and a plumber to change a light bulb in s2000.

You forgot the baker and butcher :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

BDJW wrote: »
    You forgot the baker and butcher :rolleyes:;)

And a beggerman and a thief to raise the £1000 for a Happy Honda service :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

The definitive buying guide is here:
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/775801-what-to-look-for-when-buying-a-used-s2000/

This is the link for the UK section, every question or thought you could have about the car is covered here somewhere:
    http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/forum/25-uk-s2000-community/

If you need any other advice or have any questions at all on the S2000 you can join us on the owners page here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/85792554421/

Or... you can stay here and learn about Accords.. ;)

yes, why not get an accord.

as long as you dont get a lemon like this you should be fine.

7509996966_3df8b20a35_z.jpg7510034612_53209cc4a0_z.jpg7509994242_0f7386279d_z.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement