Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious device at Mary Lou's office

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭beeftotheheels

I hate to ponder this but after the High Court stunt could this be another one to generate publicity at the 11th hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

A suspicious device at a Shinner's office?
    Probably a calculator!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Another SF Bashing thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I'd imagine it's a printer.They do terrible damage in a SF office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

Another SF Bashing thread :rolleyes:

but they so readily supply the rod for us to beat them with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭maccored

punchdrunk wrote: »
    but they so readily supply the rod for us to beat them with!

The point is you arent beating anyone ... this anti SF rubbish just makes some people look pretty petty and childish if you ask me (though I dont see this thread as a sf bashing one tbh).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

maccored wrote: »
    The point is you arent beating anyone ... this anti SF rubbish just makes some people look pretty petty and childish if you ask me (though I dont see this thread as a sf bashing one tbh).

Give it time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭damienirel

BOHtox wrote: »
    A suspicious device at a Shinner's office?
    Probably a calculator!

Brilliant!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭toxicity234

oscarBravo wrote: »
    http://www.thejournal.ie/security-alert-after-suspicious-device-found-at-tds-office-469656-May2012/

I may disagree with Mary Lou's politics, but this is a reckless and stupid thing to do, whether it's real or a hoax. I hope it gets cleared up promptly without any damage or injury and we can all get back to disagreeing in a civilised manner.

After see her on TV for the last couple of week. i think the suspicious device might be her make-up bag.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Would it be a lot to ask that the comedians keep their powder dry for open mic night? Someone has either planted an explosive device in our capital city, or used a deeply undemocratic means of expressing disagreement with a political party. Either way, it's not funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Ooh the irony is delicious.
    My moneys on the shinners either planting it themselves or calling in the hoax just to keep their name in the paper on referendum day.
    And if it turns out thats not the case i still think its highly ironic and karmas a bitch, although at the same time i do hope nobody gets hurt

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Can we save the hilarity for something other than bombs, or for some other forum than this one, please.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I see they are not allowing comments.

Joking aside who in the world would try to blow up McDonald? She's not Adams who would be a much better target for say dissidents or loyalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭deanh

It was just a bottle of St. Tropez fake tan! Nothing to worry about. This should get some more publicity after yesterdays High Court challenge blew up in their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ooh the irony is delicious.
    My moneys on the shinners either planting it themselves or calling in the hoax just to keep their name in the paper on referendum day.
    And if it turns out thats not the case i still think its highly ironic and karmas a bitch, although at the same time i do hope nobody gets hurt

Thats a fúckin horrible thing to say.. would you have said that if a bomb went off and Mary Lou was in the vacinity.

Like, was she running around Belfast in the 70's planting bombs?? so wheres the fúckin irony!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

I know the saying goes '' any publicity is good publicity '' but I cant imagine this would gain support for a no vote. If anything it would gather support for a yes vote:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Probably isn't even a bomb.

If it was I'd say the chances of it being from a "dissident" group are remote in the absolute extreme.

Scratch that I'm hearing that the office was spraypainted with stuff about the PSNI and touts.

Unconfirmed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I love the way it's so funny that someone might have actually been trying to commit murder. Bet it wouldn't be quite so funny if a suspicious device was found at FG or Labour, would it? Then it'd be all "SF = terrorists".

I detest Sinn Fein but this thread and the implications of it are pretty disgusting.

May 31, 2012

Sinn Féin has condemned an attack on the constituency office of Deputy Leader and Dublin Central TD Mary Lou McDonald this morning.
    A hoax pipebomb, left at the front door, was discovered by a Sinn Féin constituency office worker as she arrived at the office on Dublin’s North Strand. She immediately called the gardai who sealed off the area.
    The device was later declared to be a hoax. The front of the office had also been daubed with graffitti.

Sinn Féin TD Seán Crowe said:

“The people behind this sort of activity have no support. Their actions are pathetic and futile.
    “All right thinking people will condemn this attack on the constituency office of a democratically elected TD.
    “Sinn Féin will certainly not be deflected from our democratic work and the office has re-opened this morning.”
    ends

It was a hoax then. No pictures of the graffiti so far, but I'm sure we will see some soon. As I said it has to do with the PSNI and calling SF touts or something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Scratch that I'm hearing that the office was spraypainted with stuff about the PSNI and touts.
    If confirmed, it looks like it's the dissidents and their "we don't need no steenkin' democracy" kicking off in Dublin. Wonderful.

I don't know, it could just be an individual. From their point of view attacking a SF office like this is stupid as it would alienate people whose support they are trying to gain, ex/dissatisfied shinners.

We'll see though.

I'll just say to the people here saying that it's a publicity stunt, grow the fcuk up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

We really don't need this sort of thing. Hopefully whoever is responsible is found quickly and out away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

oscarBravo wrote: »
    May 31, 2012

Sinn Féin has condemned an attack on the constituency office of Deputy Leader and Dublin Central TD Mary Lou McDonald this morning.
    A hoax pipebomb, left at the front door, was discovered by a Sinn Féin constituency office worker as she arrived at the office on Dublin’s North Strand. She immediately called the gardai who sealed off the area.
    The device was later declared to be a hoax. The front of the office had also been daubed with graffitti.

Sinn Féin TD Seán Crowe said:

“The people behind this sort of activity have no support. Their actions are pathetic and futile.
    All right thinking people will condemn this attack on the constituency office of a democratically elected TD.
    “Sinn Féin will certainly not be deflected from our democratic work and the office has re-opened this morning.”
    ends

Define irony!
    Condemn an attack on a constituency office, don't condemn the murder of a member of An Garda Siochana, Jerry McCabe!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

neil_hosey wrote: »
    Thats a fúckin horrible thing to say.. would you have said that if a bomb went off and Mary Lou was in the vacinity.

Like, was she running around Belfast in the 70's planting bombs?? so wheres the fúckin irony!

Honestly do not care if your a member of sinn fein your muck in my eyes, i dont think anyone deserves to die unless its mandated by a court order(yes im for the death penalty) but had she been in the vicinity of the bomb and been hurt sinn fein would have then thrown a secret party because it would have been the biggest publicity coup to happen for them in years

VinLieger wrote: »
    Honestly do not care if your a member of sinn fein your muck in my eyes, i dont think anyone deserves to die unless its mandated by a court order(yes im for the death penalty) but had she been in the vicinity of the bomb and been hurt sinn fein would have then thrown a secret party because it would have been the biggest publicity coup to happen for them in years
    Don't talk sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

You may of heard of the going's on down here on the North Strand road This morning... WE COULD NOT VOTE as the Garda said that it was a Bomb the polling station was blocked off . Only opened backup @ 11am. There were people down here in fear seeing Garda, Army men, Just outside a Polling Station(St Columba's N.S) Road block's the lot. How can this be a valid Poll ? When the Polling station was closed and people fled in Fear of Violence.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1942/en/act/pub/0008/print.html#sec23
    23.—(1) 23.—(2)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

You may of heard of the going's on down here on the North Strand road This morning... WE COULD NOT VOTE as the Garda said that it was a Bomb the polling station was blocked off . Only opened backup @ 11am. There were people down here in fear seeing Garda, Army men, Just outside a Polling Station(St Columba's N.S) Road block's the lot. How can this be a valid Poll ? When the Polling station was closed and people fled in Fear of Violence.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1942/en/act/pub/0008/print.html#sec23
    23.—(1) 23.—(2)

Seriously? Your complaining that the Bomb disposal team were trying ascertain the validity of a device and your complaining that you could not vote. I'm pretty sure they had the publics safety at heart. Its open to 7 this evening ffs.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭squonk

Nice to see SF getting a bit of their own medicine. Given the disruption and chaos that the IRA caused here, in Northern Ireland and the UK for years, I have absolutely no sympathy for them. My only reservation is that I too had an initial suspicion that SF planted the device themselves for publicity purposes. If they did then the waste of Army & Garda time is despicable. Also, how ironic that they are relying on the Army and Gardai in this case while failing to condone the killers of Gerry McCabe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I hate to ponder this but after the High Court stunt could this be another one to generate publicity at the 11th hour?

Then why do you?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement