Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackson Replacement Necks - Anyone able to make them in Ireland?

Options
  • 14-05-2014 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Is there anyone in Ireland with the capability of making top quality replacement guitar necks?

I'd be after a neck to fit USA Jackson DK1, hopefully with an Ebony board, a nice flat radius and binding on the edges.

From the UK Sims Custom and Owen Jackson seem to be the two main names popping up; plus their prices are very competitive compared to say Warmoth Fender licensed Strat necks.

The history of the guitar:

Totally forgot I had the thing until I went looking through some old boxes.

It's an old Jackson USA Dinky body I picked up off eBay years ago as the original owner stripped it for parts and completely botched the neck pickup space with a router, then tried to hide the evidence with the worst DIY scratchplate I've ever seen.

I think it cost me under €10 before postage.

From what I remember, the original plan was to have an EMG-81 in the bridge and one of those Fernandes sustaniac pickups in the neck with the harmonic switch.

I reckon for the time being I'll stay with a single 81 in the bridge as I have one ready to go.

The final thing I'm missing is an original floyd rose.

I remember years ago some guy selling them via eBay and based in New York I think, hand making his own replicas for about €50 with a massive block,
    which for me would be handy as I've managed to destroy a FR in the past.

Comments

Advertisement