Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No Claims Bonus - Advice Please

Options
  • 10-07-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place or not but I need some advice.
    I currently have 10 years no claims bonus which it's cost a hell of alot to protect over the years. My currently policy is up and they letter they sent says that I've only 7 years no claims bonus. I've asked for it to be revised as if I do have an accident I'll be pushed back to 6 year bonus as opposed to 9. They're refusing because their system won't let it generate a letter for anything above 7 years.
    Am I being unreasonable asking for corrected details or should I keep on to them about it??
    Thanks in advance. TB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Most places won't count anything over 6/7 anyway, so if you had 20 years it'd be the same as having 7.

Going by that I'd also assume that once you've reached the maximum no claims benefit, if you do have a claim step back would go one year under the max, not one year under what you had, as otherwise you've just maintained full discount yet had an accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Most insurance companies don't count anything over 5 years. No matter how many years NCB you have, one accident will leave you with zero years claim-free. Any step-back discount you get afterwards will be down to the t&cs of the particular policy you hold.

Advertisement