Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Digital Media Player

Options
  • 01-12-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is in the wrong section but didn't know what this falls under.

So the parents have been on about getting Netflix for the tv at home and I thought it would be a good Christmas present getting them a digital media player of some kind but I was hoping for one that would have RTE Player or the TV3 equivalent. Does this exist?

I think the wi-fi is weak in the sitting room so I'm going to use powerline adapters for the internet so a Ethernet port is necessary.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Battleflag wrote: »
    Apologies if this is in the wrong section but didn't know what this falls under.

So the parents have been on about getting Netflix for the tv at home and I thought it would be a good Christmas present getting them a digital media player of some kind but I was hoping for one that would have RTE Player or the TV3 equivalent. Does this exist?

I think the wi-fi is weak in the sitting room so I'm going to use powerline adapters for the internet so a Ethernet port is necessary.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Try one of the Samsung / Sony etc Bluray players. Most of the good ones have Netflix built in and should have the RTÉ player / TV3 player with reasonable digital media playback.
    It also might be easier with a traditional remote.

>Sol

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

I didn't realise blu ray players had that functionality in them, sounds like a great idea. Cheers for the tip man

Advertisement