Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a Smart TV blurred.

Options
  • 21-11-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hello guys just a quick question I have just bought the
    Hitachi 50HYT62U 50 Inch Full HD Freeview HD Smart LED TV

from argos and I am connecting it to an old sky box through scart. I can't see it but my wife is saying that it is blurred. Do I need to connect it with HDMI or would one of those scart to HDMI cables work.

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A 50" screen is huge when you're trying to put Standard Definition (SD) on it. It's so far away from the native resolution of the screen that it will look blurred. Also SCART provides an analogue signal which will be lower quality than a digital one (subjectively).

There's no such thing as a SCART to HDMI cable, the latter is digital and the former analogue. A converter of some kind is needed to make that work. Even with this you're still only dealing with a signal that starts off as SD so there's no real advantage - in fact it might even look worse !!

If the Sky box has a HDMI output then that's the way to go, but I think they were only available on the SKY HD box ?

Also I must commend your wife on being so discerning :)

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭robert18

Thank you ZENER for the reply done a bit more research and realised I had to opt for the sky hd boxes. I think I got a good deal 2 2t boxes for 49 euro and the hd subscription for 7.50 extra a month. I am colour blind so maybe that had something to do with it. Anyway thanks for the reply

Advertisement