Travel: Flightfox: Cheaper flights! - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-02-2012, 20:38   #31
amdublin
Moderator
 
amdublin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feidhlim View Post
I would assume they have agreements with several airlines that allows them preferential rates if they land business.

Lets hope it takes off

Sky is the limit

OK, I'll stop
The only way is up
amdublin is online now  
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 09:16   #32
nm
Registered User
 
nm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: dublin
Posts: 3,078
skyscanner is ****e, it's good for letting you know when some (not all) flights are on and giving you a decent estimate but I can always beat it with a lot of googling and research.

Momondo.com is the best of them probably.
nm is offline  
(2) thanks from:
17-02-2012, 10:12   #33
mirm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Galway
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by nm View Post
skyscanner is ****e, it's good for letting you know when some (not all) flights are on and giving you a decent estimate but I can always beat it with a lot of googling and research.

Momondo.com is the best of them probably.
momondo.com just gave me a price of €375 for cork/london flight and skyscanner gave me €142

Momondo.com seems pretty ****e
mirm is offline  
17-02-2012, 12:10   #34
RandolphEsq
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: An Anchored Yacht in Dublin Bay
Posts: 6,693
You're all pretty sh**e!
RandolphEsq is offline  
17-02-2012, 12:19   #35
subway
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 5,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElNino View Post
I don't think you would book your flights through them. The winner would tell you how/where to book the flights amd you would book directly.

I saw a post elsewhere that somebody put up a group booking for 19 people and a travel agent with spare capacity on a charter flight answered and saved them $500 per head. The whole idea has a lot of potential. Time will tell how it works out.
that one sounds like a shill post...
a travel agent, books 19 flights, at a discount of $9,500 for a whopping $29 fee?

the idea behind the site is actually quite good, but value is probably only found in the high end flights. i would use it if i was going somewhere further than europe, definitely
subway is offline  
Advertisement
17-02-2012, 12:39   #36
umpsfar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by subway View Post
that one sounds like a shill post...
a travel agent, books 19 flights, at a discount of $9,500 for a whopping $29 fee?

the idea behind the site is actually quite good, but value is probably only found in the high end flights. i would use it if i was going somewhere further than europe, definitely
http://www.startupsmart.com.au/succe...201315233.html
"It costs $30 to use the service. At the moment, we are trying a different models for the finder’s fee, such as 10% of a certain price saving."
i dont know if they have implemented this yet but that'd be 1k to the winner.
umpsfar is offline  
17-02-2012, 14:45   #37
Vuzuggu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirm View Post
momondo.com just gave me a price of €375 for cork/london flight and skyscanner gave me €142

Momondo.com seems pretty ****e
Ye they were €100 more expensive then skyscanner for me as well.

Strangely, Air Canada via continental.com was the cheapest by a long way for me and they didn't appear in any of the search comparision sites.
Vuzuggu is offline  
17-02-2012, 21:44   #38
dvpower
Closed Account
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuzuggu View Post
Ye they were €100 more expensive then skyscanner for me as well.

Strangely, Air Canada via continental.com was the cheapest by a long way for me and they didn't appear in any of the search comparision sites.
Air Canada do Cork/London?
dvpower is offline  
17-02-2012, 22:28   #39
Vuzuggu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,578
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpower View Post
Air Canada do Cork/London?
Nope was for Dublin -> Vancouver -> Orlando -> Dub
Vuzuggu is offline  
Advertisement
19-02-2012, 00:54   #40
ShadowLFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 25
Just thought id let ye know i tried it out and all i got was a $35 saving on a flight from dub to las vegas which wasn realy a saving!

I requested my money back and they returned it no questions asked and said that the next time i wished to use the service that they would pay the finders fee!

So now i have a new "contest up" which they paid for. It didnt appear to work, the first time anyway, but great Customer Service.
ShadowLFC is offline  
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2012, 00:58   #41
kleefarr
Registered User
 
kleefarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Please wait! Searching....
Posts: 4,401
Why pay when there are so many free ones out there..

www.skyscanner.net

No charge.
kleefarr is offline  
19-02-2012, 01:12   #42
ShadowLFC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleefarr View Post
Why pay when there are so many free ones out there..

www.skyscanner.net

No charge.
Thats true i found a cheaper flight on skyscanner than the one flightfox gave me at the end of the contest, but i am going to america in the summer and the chance to save $360 was worth a shot, also the money back guarantee didnt hurt.

Ill see what my next contest brings up
ShadowLFC is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet