Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which chinese knock off

Options
  • 20-01-2013 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

I've been doing a bIt of reading here about the Jiyu G3 and for my tight budget it sounds like a good deal.
    Can anyone recommend any other phones in the €200 bracket?

I'm well aware that (ill use the G3 as an example) the G3 is not comparable to the Samsung S3 and no phone, knock off or branded in my price range is going to be anything like it.

Thanks folks, Keith.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I've been doing a bIt of reading here about the Jiyu G3 and for my tight budget it sounds like a good deal.
    Can anyone recommend any other phones in the €200 bracket?

I'm well aware that (ill use the G3 as an example) the G3 is not comparable to the Samsung S3 and no phone, knock off or branded in my price range is going to be anything like it.

Thanks folks, Keith.
    I purchased the star b93m from hongkonggeek. Absolutely delighted with it. 180 euro, and from what I can see its similar to a galaxy 2. All the playstore apps are downloadable, wifi 3g and everything work perfectly.

They replied to all my queries immediately, and it sailed through customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

What about a HTC One SV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭keithsfleet

I purchased the star b93m from hongkonggeek. Absolutely delighted with it. 180 euro, and from what I can see its similar to a galaxy 2. All the playstore apps are downloadable, wifi 3g and everything work perfectly.

They replied to all my queries immediately, and it sailed through customs.

Thanks I'll check it out.

Bluefoam wrote: »
    What about a HTC One SV

Looks good but sadly double my price range.
    Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Have a look at some of the Huawei phones.. Available in Ireland good value for money :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

Have a look at some of the Huawei phones.. Available in Ireland good value for money
    As someone that's suggested this before, I'll echo the sentiments of the others that recommended against it:

The Huawei phones under €200 (G300 and G330) come with 512 mb RAM.
    The Chinese ones that the OP suggested come with 1gb of RAM for the same price including shipping.

Apparently the major difference is that the latter will handle complex applications (gaming) much better than the former, and you should get more life out of it seeing as they'll be able to handle newer OS and features than their counterparts more readily available here. But the flipside is the Huawei is much easier to get.

Fwiw, I was going to get a G330 but I'm now holding on for the Jiayu G3 instead because of the greater processing power and the bigger screen (even if it is a chunky monkey). Hopefully there won't be any problems getting it...

As someone that's suggested this before, I'll echo the sentiments of the others that recommended against it:

The Huawei phones under €200 (G300 and G330) come with 512 mb RAM.
    The Chinese ones that the OP suggested come with 1gb of RAM for the same price including shipping.

Apparently the major difference is that the latter will handle complex applications (gaming) much better than the former, and you should get more life out of it seeing as they'll be able to handle newer OS and features than their counterparts more readily available here. But the flipside is the Huawei is much easier to get.

Fwiw, I was going to get a G330 but I'm now holding on for the Jiayu G3 instead because of the greater processing power and the bigger screen (even if it is a chunky monkey). Hopefully there won't be any problems getting it...

That's exactly why I mentioned a Chinese brand that's not known here.
    There is pros and cons to the Chinese brands but at the end of the day you can't really dispute the specs of some of the phones coming out of Asia.

I did have a bad experience with a Chinese phone I bought on ebay about 5 years ago but from what I've read they have come a long long way.

Advertisement