Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A census question.

Options
  • 22-04-2011 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hello all, I've just had a census enumerator call to the door. It's a student house and nobody was present in the house on April 10th, We were all at our family homes and named on them.

I was told by the enumerator that the person who accepted the form ( my room mate ) didn't say but implied he wouldn't be filling it out, even though we weren't going to be present and I'm pretty sure he would of said that.

I now have a "Form E" that I need to fill out for each member in the house and get them back to him soon, but he mentioned It required their signature but I could sign it on behalf of them.

Has anyone had this problem? And how do I sign the form on behalf of someone, he mentioned something like "My name per pre room mates name" can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Just put the letters "PP" before your signature and sign it for each of them. It shows that your signature is in place of theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Just put the letters "PP" before your signature and sign it for each of them. It shows that your signature is in place of theirs.

Signing a document 'PP' or per procurationem implies that the document is signed on behalf and with the authority of that other person. If the other person does not give their authority to signing the document on their behalf then you can't sign it PP on their behalf.

If the others refuse to sign or allow you sign the form on their behalf then you should explain this to the Census Enumerator. You are not responsible for ensuring the compliance of others. I understand that it is a criminal offence not to sign the census forms and your friends could be prosecuted for failing to co-operate.

Advertisement