Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vw Bora warning light

Options
  • 03-01-2012 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

hi, does anyone know what this is? I started my car this morning and after a minutes driving this warning light came on for about 20 seconds then went off. Now when i turn on my ignition it lights up for 2 seconds then goes off.
    Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It's your glow plug warning lamp. It illuminates when the glow plugs are preheating. Lighting up for 2 seconds as you turn the key would be normal enough given the relatively cold air temperatures at the moment.

Also, it doubles as a fault light for the ECU so it may be worth having a quick diagnostic done to see if any faults have been stored. If it lights continuously then it's most likely a fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Donal199

thanks a million Crosstownk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

its supposed to come on when you turn on your ignition and your supposed to wait until it goes off before you start the car. I should always have done that.

As for coming on when driving, as said above, that indicated a fault so you'll need to have the code rear to know where to start looking.

Advertisement