Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VGA Cables

• 07-11-2007 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

I have been trying to connect my sony laptop to an external monitor and pressed the proper fn and f bottons but laptop didnt come onto the monitor. Tried a hp laptop and it came on right away. I did read somewhere that standard vga cabled dont always work with the viao range, also the 15 pin socket on the sony laptop doesnt have the 2 threaded areas to fix the cable to the machine. Can anyone shed any light.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Don't want to thread spoil, but also don't want to start a new thread on the same topic.

I created a PowerPoint presentation as a favour for someone, but when it came to transferring it to a projector, the only thing I could get up on the projector screen was my desktop background. Between pressing this and pressing that, I managed to get a few dialogue boxes up on the projector screen, but couldn't get PP up.

Anything simple thing I didn't do. fn buttons, didn't do anything with that. Was using a HP laptop, Mac any handier (if I can get the right cable)?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭jmal

Instead of using the HOT KEYS to connect an external monitor (projector or screen) you should try going into your dispaly setting. Depending on your laptop and graphic card you might need to do some configuration to your graphic card settings.

Had this problem myself with a new toshiba laptop, the nVIDIA Go 7600 seemed to take control over the standard windows display properties.

Changes a few things in the graphic card settings and solved the problem.

Might be worth a try?

Advertisement