Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-System 3090 UK Laptop.

Options
  • 15-11-2007 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭

OK I know I'm probably screwed here but I'll ask anyway.

My daughters laptop was left on the back seat of the car & it took a tumble to the floor during a journey. When we powered it up it was only displaying on approx half of the screen, the other half looked like it had spilt ink on it so I messaged it (Bad idea) & it spread all over the screen so know I can't actually see any of the Desktop. Is the screen screwed?

-
    Here's a picture of the screen:

lapfh3.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Yes. EISystems I believe is a Dixon/Curry's/PC World Own brand budget laptop/Desktop range.
    It doubt it would be cost effective to have the screen replaced but you could try wherever you bought it and see what they say. Even a smaller independant repair company would probably advise you that the cosst of replacing it would be a rather large chunk of the price of a new laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,362 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

majiktripp wrote: »
    Yes. EISystems I believe is a Dixon/Curry's/PC World Own brand budget laptop/Desktop range.
    It doubt it would be cost effective to have the screen replaced but you could try wherever you bought it and see what they say. Even a smaller independant repair company would probably advise you that the cosst of replacing it would be a rather large chunk of the price of a new laptop.

Yep, it was bought in Curry's & as a budget Laptop it was fine for her needs.

I just connected it up to an external monitor & it's working perfectly, I then removed the screen bezel & it's killing me to see how easy it would be to replace the screen. If I thought I could source one for a reasonable price I'd have a go for sure.

Another thing I'm annoyed about is that it is only five months old but she paid cash for it & can't find the receipt. I know it was self inflicted but I'd have a go if I had the receipt. (it's just a pure waste of a handy little lapper)

Thanks for the reply majiktripp :)

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement