Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia Stage 14 – May 24th, Agliè - Oropa 164km **Unmasked Spoilers**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

It wasn't a bad time to attack to be fair, get a gap over the top, recover on the decent and give it everything on the final 12 km, if it fails it will have been a great attempt and if he succeeds it will be a fantastic individual performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Judging by the gap he had there, seems a lot of energy to have burned so early for not an awful lot. Hopefully he's judged well how strong he is on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭MPFG

He was very thin at Vuelta last year ...at least 4kilos lighter than now I reckon

If only he were lighter he would be a marvelous climber

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

That Europcar fella working for Rolland is finding it all hilarious stuff. Laughing his head off all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Paddigol

Why not attack! The rest of the break were just chugging along... I reckon they'd be caught if no one took a gamble. Gamble works if he can get a decent little group together to work together for the last climb. Push it on the descent Nico!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Roche has 5'00 to the Hesjedal group, 5'50 to the peloton

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Gap slightly growing if anything as Nico makes the last descent

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

I hope he fuels-up on the decent. Tough to do at those speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Swamp3

Decent descent there Nico.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Paddigol

I hope he fuels-up on the decent. Tough to do at those speeds

Good point. Think he suffered last year on the Vuelta due to not getting enough on board before a final climb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Was Nico caught on the descent?

Was Nico caught on the descent?

I'm pretty sure he's not in the original breakaway group

It's time for today's game of Where's Nico!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Looks like Nico was caught on the descent. Might go clear on the climb again according to the graphics.

Hope not.

EDIT: Yup there he is. Feck it.

He might have waited as its a long descent and he is still prob the best climber of the group

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Hopefully he's not gassed for the last climb.

Back in the breakaway group, feck it. Not over yet though! Come on Nico!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Uh oh. Danger here. Pantani discussion on Eurosport.

Nico going for KOM points?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

holy fcccukkk......someone taken out by motorbike

looked like a marshal...hope he's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Roche has 5'00 to the Hesjedal group, 5'50 to the peloton

I don't think, this was ever the case.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    I don't think, this was ever the case.

Well the gap is currently 5'40 from the head of the race to the pink jersey group, and going over the top of the last climb Hesjedal's group was 50 seconds ahead of them? The times haven't changed massively from then and now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

-rubs hands-

here comes the fun

Well the gap is currently 5'40 from the head of the race to the pink jersey group, and going over the top of the last climb Hesjedal's group was 50 seconds ahead of them?

I don't think, that's right either. Hesjedal was about 5 minutes ahead of pink at top of climb. Eurosport had it wrong.

I don't think, that's right either. Hesjedal was about 5 minutes ahead of pink at top of climb. Eurosport had it wrong.

Hesjedal's in the second chasing group, so there was another chasing group ahead of them, and then the breakaway, and then Roche was ahead? So you think Roche had a huge gap?

Timings are wrong somewhere

Roche is in first group with Hesjedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,729 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I'm very confused

Roche in Breakaway group

Rolland is in agroup behind

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Figsy32

Hesjedal isn't in the front group, he's behind with Rolland!

Roche is up the road with the original breakaway!

I think Roche is in the breakaway which is still at the front, Hesjedal is with Rolland which is chasing. I didn't see any chasing group make the bridge over to the breakaway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Roche doesn't look to have any legs.

Leaving gaps in that group.

Hopefully its an act.

Advertisement