Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ardent wrote: »
    He's dead right though.

I'll put it this way Ardent but I reckon you'll still have the same opinion, because you're set, anyway Henderson was a disapointment this year, a starter all season in Liverpool's midfield that finished 8th, Barton did abso-****ing-lutely everything he could to get his team QPR relegated, including the massive self-destruction on the last day of the season.

I know there are a few other decent young centre mids around but Barton would never be in the reckoning, and to just singly out Henderson for no reason is just so ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Kess73 wrote: »
    He would have to be able to at least attempt a solid tackle to manage that. Methinks Barton's legs are pretty safe unless QPR draw City in one the the cups and Barton ends up trying to take the ball around Kompany:D

Barton has a point with what he is saying, but it is just the guy trying to get more of the attention he craves. Henderson did nothing of note last season to warrant an international call up imho, but Barton did just as little and has his end of season antics (both off and on the pitch) to show what a liabilty he potentially would be in the England squad.

I don't think Henderson warranted a call up either but it's disrespectful of Barton as a fellow professional to single him out.

He shouldn't have mentioned any names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,271 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Henderson did not play well for Liverpool but played far better for the England U21's which people seem to forget, maybe he got called up to the main squad on that form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

djPSB wrote: »
    I don't think Henderson warranted a call up either but it's disrespectful of Barton as a fellow professional to single him out.

Yes, but that line of thought is pretty much reliant on Barton having any genuine respect for anyone else bar himself, and also would be reliant on him not being an attention seeker.

It is only Joey Barton, his opinion means as much as the opinion of Annie Fitz* down by the railway station in Limerick.

* Will be lost on those who have never seen her, but in a way the fact that most will have no idea as to who she is makes the same point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Ape X

* Will be lost on those who have never seen her, but in a way the fact that most will have no idea as to who she is makes the same point.
    I was one of the ones on which this was lost.

So a quick Google later... Annie Fitz. Seems mean someone set up a mock account for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

The fact that Henderson plays for Liverpool is a major factor in his inclusion in the England squad. If he had put in the same performance last season as a Sunderland player, he wouldn't be in Poland now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Nasri isn't any use.

Nasri isn't any use.

There isn't a hope of Nasri coming to Liverpool.

He's in it for the money so we are no use to him.

Could see him at PSG if he leaves City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Ardent

He also mentioned 5 other players from Liverpool.

His point is correct that the squad is obviously not picked on the basis of form/ability. Downing for example?? There are some guys in that squad who have had stinkers all season long and they are at Euro 2012 by virtue of the fact they play for Liverpool.

So a quick Google later... Annie Fitz. Seems mean someone set up a mock account for her.

She is actually quite a dangerous person with a long track record of attacking people, and has some pretty disgusting habits which she does in public on main streets in the city.

Did not know that there was a bebo page for her, but I have no sympathy for that one. The bit under Scared Of in the profile gives a clue as to what she has used as a weapon on passers by, both young and old.

• Advertisement

She is actually quite a dangerous person with a long track record of attacking people, and has some pretty disgusting habits which she does in public on main streets in the city.

Did not know that there was a bebo page for her, but I have no sympathy for that one. The bit under Scared Of in the profile gives a clue as to what she has used as a weapon on passers by, both young and old.
    Ah, well then the comparison with Barton makes more sense :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ah, well then the comparison with Barton makes more sense :pac:

Were you under a different username when you signed up at Boards or do you have some sort of psychic power??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Yes, but that line of thought is pretty much reliant on Barton having any genuine respect for anyone else bar himself, and also would be reliant on him not being an attention seeker.

It is only Joey Barton, his opinion means as much as the opinion of Annie Fitz* down by the railway station in Limerick.

Fcuk you Kess comparing my ex to Joey Barton. You just crossed the line

Inter Milan would be my guess.
    If Marseille mean anything to him he won't go to PSG.
    But as you say he is in it for the money it would seem.

Good, he's not very good.

Good, he's not very good.

I'd have to disagree on that. I think he's quite a good player.

amiable wrote: »
    Fcuk you Kess comparing my ex to Joey Barton. You just crossed the line

Your ex? There was me thinking you were a sprog of hers :p

monkey9 wrote: »
    Were you under a different username when you signed up at Boards or do you have some sort of psychic power??
    Changed my name last week for the laugh.

The laugh lasted exactly 3 1/2 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

It is funny that Henderson was behind Spearing in the Liverpool team and now he is going to the Euros.

• Advertisement

Your ex? There was me thinking you were a sprog of hers :p

I have some stories about her

She's dangerous alright but partly because she's had some rotten things happen to her too.

I have some stories about her

She's dangerous alright but partly because she's had some rotten things happen to her too.

Don't be so harsh on yourself. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I know a couple of people that will be wearing her calling card on their face for life. She's pushing on now but I am still on my guard ready to flake her one any time I pass her.

I've also seen the dirty thing in full 'flow'. Yuck!

yomtea98 wrote: »
    It is funny that Henderson was behind Spearing in the Liverpool team and now he is going to the Euros.

It is funny that you think Henderson was behind Spearing in the Liverpool team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The laugh lasted exactly 3 1/2 minutes.

Think you are giving yourself too much credit there.

I was going to suggest 3 1/2 seconds but then I twigged that it wasn't even the slightest bit funny.

Sorry to be harsh but the Andy Carroll whatever else nonsense has been boring the ****ing life out of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

yomtea98 wrote: »

:pac:

• Advertisement

I was going to suggest 3 1/2 seconds but then I twigged that it wasn't even the slightest bit funny.

Sorry to be harsh but the Andy Carroll whatever else nonsense has been boring the ****ing life out of me.
    Edit: Andrew says it far more nicely below :)

:)

6979605480_ac58031e69_o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Im thinking of changing mine to Charlie Adams, not for the laugh but as he is pure quality.

Rumors going around that we are interested in Bendtner. :o

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Im thinking of changing mine to Charlie Adams, not for the laugh but as he is pure quality.

Even 'Charlie Adam's corners' is a worthy name.

• Advertisement

I hope not and that it was just someone who misheard the rumour about Bender (Lars not Sven,)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Even 'Charlie Adam's corners' is a worthy name.

Nah but I have stated I supply them after taking in your quality feedback Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I hope not and that it was just someone who misheard the rumour about Bender (Lars not Sven,)

Lars is not always in Leverkusen's starting XI, not really happy with it, so he might be an option, but there's no gossip about him leaving so far. Sven won't leave Dortmund, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You watch, Barry Glendenning will be proven right as the Self Proclaimed Worlds Best Footballer has a stormer and agitates for a 20 million quid move to some sucker of a club (who could that be!?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Please god not Nicklas Bendtner but we are being linked with so many players at the moment so not too worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Bendtner is a complete welly on and off the pitch, if we signed him i would sit in a fire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Bendtner is a tall Joey Barton. An absolute bell-end who's about 10% as good as he thinks he is. I'd be horrified if we signed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We're not going to sign Bendtner.

Bendtner is another bollocks caughtoffside rumour as far as I know.
    Whoever made that up is having a good giggle at people talking about it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Bendtner is another bollocks caughtoffside rumour as far as I know.
    Whoever made that up is having a good giggle at people talking about it now.

Reported by a reputable source......must be true :p

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

As much a chance of us signing Cavani as Bendtner imo, although for very different reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Bought the new home jersey and IMO the promo shots and shoots don't do it justice. The design is brilliant, and it is also built for comfort. Great job by Warrior.

I got the long sleeved jersey. €59 for the short sleeve and €65 for the long sleeve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,738 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Don't like the home kit myself.

Liked the look of it, tried it on and everything but it's not a patch on adidas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,244 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Agger was simply outstanding for Denmark today - such a class defender!

and Kuyt was terrible! :p;)

Agger had to put up with some damn strange stuff from his keeper to boot. They need to drop that tactic.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Monster performance from Agger there.

Have to say the the man they call Nicklas Bendtner was really good in a selfless "never likely to score" way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Agger played well but was lucky not to be punished for 2 mistakes in the first half.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Daniel Agger vs Holland: Pass Accuracy 88.6% Tackles 3/3 - 100% Clearances: 3/3 - 100% Interceptions 7 (Most in game)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Poor Robin Van Persie. He's in the dark place Andy Carroll was in a few months ago. Lets hope he can turn it round like Andy did.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement