Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post Rás Diary

• 16-05-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

www.thebikestation.ie

If anyone has nothing better to do or likes reading about self induced torture I hope to keep a daily Rás diary here. Pre-race entry is up. Roll on Dunboyne Sunday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

looking forward to reading it! Best of luck LCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Best of luck, cant wait to read the blog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭fondriest

Best of luck. Enjoy !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

good luck, tis some craic! Just don't stay too late in the bar in the Green Isle on Saturday night!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

good luck, tis some craic! Just don't stay too late in the bar in the Green Isle on Saturday night!!
    Do you mean just him or us all??Some traditions have to be upheld im afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭rckfld

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭zurbfoundation

wav1 wrote: »
    Do you mean just him or us all??Some traditions have to be upheld im afraid.

just the riders, till about Wednesday anyhow, if ur still standing after that, drink away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Raymzor

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Great read. Very funny. Keep the humour up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭wav1

just the riders, till about Wednesday anyhow, if ur still standing after that, drink away.
    Riders not welcome at night stages until at least Thursday .BTW i'm still not buying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

wav1 wrote: »
    Riders not welcome at night stages until at least Thursday .BTW i'm still not buying.

Stage 1 wet, fast & a bit scary. New diary entry on its way. Finishec in bunch lots of crashes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭greenmat

Great read, well done, looking forward to more.

You certainly have a way with the pen or the keyboard or whichever tool you use to write. Great post and keep them coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

You certainly have a way with the pen or the keyboard or whichever tool you use to write. Great post and keep them coming.

+ 1 great read. Best of luck for the rest of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Good luck LCD. I hope you do well and stay away from crashes.

Cheers for compliments. Today should be up soon. Appreciate loads of retweets @lcaomhind & use #ras2014

another tough day!!

Stage 3 is on its way! Relatively easy day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

LCD wrote: »
    Stage 3 is on its way! Relatively easy day

keep it lit bud.

its been a good read so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

That's a great read. Well done and good luck for the rest of the ras and blog...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Great day for Aiken and Nulty , Aiken really put it up to them c'mon the wee county !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

Brilliant updates, best of luck for the week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Good read. Rob Mac is a relation of mine. He'll be gutted you called him an Ozzie. Ozzie by circumstance. Irish by the grace of God.

Noticed last night at dinnef I didnt have usual appetite, then stomach wax not feeling good. Diarrhoea 4 or 5 times during the night. Collapsed in hotel this morning. Came round & managed some breakfast but diarrhoea still happening. Started the stage & swinging from the gun. After 60km iwas taking tows from cars to just hang onto the grupetto. Knew I couldnt do another 120km. 2 other guys on team had same thing & we all packed it. Gutted absolutely gutted. All the training & scarificez for less than 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Noticed last night at dinnef I didnt have usual appetite, then stomach wax not feeling good. Diarrhoea 4 or 5 times during the night. Collapsed in hotel this morning. Came round & managed some breakfast but diarrhoea still happening. Started the stage & swinging from the gun. After 60km iwas taking tows from cars to just hang onto the grupetto. Knew I couldnt do another 120km. 2 other guys on team had same thing & we all packed it. Gutted absolutely gutted. All the training & scarificez for less than 4 days.

That's 4 days that most of us will only ever dream about. Total respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭maloner

Sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Unlucky man. I was enjoying the updates.
    Head up and be proud of getting through what bit you did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Heart breaking. Looking forward to the 2015 diary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

bad luck LCD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭3102derek

tough break. Diary was a great read.

How does it work, if you fail to finish a stage are you kicked out of the whole thing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Hard luck mate, sorry to here that. Enjoyed the read, thanks. Chapeau on riding the Ras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,432 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Hard luck LCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

tough luck lcd. Hope you're feeling better soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Sorry to hear that Liam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭smcclaw

Gutted for you. I hope you find something else to target for the season and make the best out of all that training

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DKO

Very sorry to hear about this, really gutted for you, best of luck for best of season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

@LCD, did u get into the broom ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

michael196 wrote: »
    @LCD, did u get into the broom ?

ok just checked, u did not get into the broom. We had three lads in the broom today, an Australian Team Subaru Albion was the first. Same symptoms, . Race doctor over the radio announced an outbreak of vomit bug and diahorea on the Race.

the Australian was in bits, shivering no energy. THe Broom carries blankets for riders needing attention. THe Australian lad, took the blanket, wrapped up, tuned up the heat, and fell aspleep in the front of the cab. Subsequently we picked up louth south and Louth north riders, all the same symptoms. Each had the same dinner choice back in Lisdoonvarna.

Puts the Australia Team Suburu Albion in jeopardy astheir team is now reduced to 2 (?) 3(?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Raymzor

your updates will be missed-they were giving a very good insight. fair play for giving today a go. you must have felt miserable on the road. savour the experience of the first four days-you have a lot to be proud of.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Boggles my mind how people can actually ride these distances day after day!

Fantastic diary LCD and gutted to hear about you pulling out. If the first few days have shown anything it's that you're more than capable of riding the whole thing! As someone already said, eagerly awaiting the 2015 diary!

Echo everyone else commiserations. Fantastic diary (much better than Roche's or Deignan's). Maybe they're was something worse around the corner like a bad crash or something so try and keep positive. Still a lot of races to be be done and you can tell the mother in law you pulled out as you wanted more family time. Good brownie points to be earned. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

My race didn't exactly go to plan, but in the spirit of keeping a diary, I wrote up something:

http://ryansherlock.blogspot.ie/2014/05/2014-anpost-ras.html

For the first time, no video blogs each day - maybe that was the problem!

My race didn't exactly go to plan, but in the spirit of keeping a diary, I wrote up something:

http://ryansherlock.blogspot.ie/2014/05/2014-anpost-ras.html

For the first time, no video blogs each day - maybe that was the problem!

good read also.

what did you mean by having garmin you can tell exactly what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭ryan_sherlock

good read also.

what did you mean by having garmin you can tell exactly what happened?

Well - not *exactly* - about a second before speed went to zero, I know what cadence, Wattage, speed etc... I was doing.

Well - not *exactly* - about a second before speed went to zero, I know what cadence, Wattage, speed etc... I was doing.

have you now:D

all the best with the injuries...hopefully your back pounding the roads soon.

Advertisement