Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat toileting on my vegetable patch

Options
  • 15-05-2011 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

My cat keeps going to the toilet on my vegetable patch. Any time i catch her i run her and try my best to make the point that that is bad. Has anyone any suggestions in what i can do?
    Thanks a lot
    :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I have 2 cats and only grow veg in the ground that will be cooked. Salad crops are in pots. There are products you can put down, but they never work for long - rain washes them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

They seem to be hugely attracted to these areas. I had the same problem with a neighbours cat and rather than let it infuriate me I made a frame and got some neeting and covered the area. Left one small hole and he got in, but now I have sealed that so there is a truce :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

Netting is really your only bet.

Though coffee grinds (used) keeps cats away too.
    If you ask your local coffee shop they will probably be only too glad to give you there leftovers.

Orange peel works too :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

Train it to use a litter tray with fullers earth material (Lidl) Keep it in at night, it will use tray, the scent will make it use it all the time. My cat come in to use the tray!

Advertisement