Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish Removal/Garage Clearout

Options
  • 12-10-2010 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭

I need to have a garage cleared out and the contents removed. Anyone know of prices I can expect for this before I start ringing around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Are there any recyclable items? Might be worthwhile to check out. You can find more info on it here.

They'd take most everything that can be recycled. Ring ahead and find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I'd also reccomend a trip out to Mungret, recently clearing out the house, we got 3 LWB vans worth of recycling dropped out there, 12 euro a go. They take everything from paint tins to wood, metal, electrics, books, clothes, paper everything really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭georgem25

If there is anything worth giving away use www.jumbletown.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Lino/Carpet/Beds may not be accepted in some Recycle centers.

If you have stuff you cant re-cycle, you may be better off hiring
    the smallest skip/bin available , it may work out less expensive than
    ringing someone with a Truck/Van to take rubbish away.
    (fitzgeralds skip hire I'm told have good prices although I dont know what
    their prices actually are)

I would not go ringing the Lads in Vans with waste collection permits
    that advertise on the papers. Had a few of them out to me before
    to give me prices on takeing away rubbish when I was trying to get rid of lino and carpet (I dont think the recycle places take Lino/Carpet).
    They were looking for 160-180 Euros to take away a wet roll of carpet, some Lino and a bit of skirting board.

~B

Advertisement