Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GRO owe ME money !

Options
  • 30-07-2014 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭

I was ordering a research copy from GRO through the post which costs €4. Now I know we are not supposed to send cash in the post but howandever I stuck a fiver in the envelope and sent it off.
    Got the cert last week and then today I got a 2 page letter with prepaid return envelope from the nice people in Roscommon telling me that they owed me a refund of €1 !!
    Apparently I have to fill in a form with all my details, send it back and they will organise a refund by EFT. Bureaucracy gone mad - think I'll tell them to stick the €1 in the poor box ;)

PS Got the cert and was working away on the details only to discover the same cert in my 'unwanted' file. I had ruled it out about 3 years ago :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

jos28 wrote: »
    ....PS Got the cert and was working away on the details only to discover the same cert in my 'unwanted' file. I had ruled it out about 3 years ago :rolleyes:

Don't worry, it happens to us all at some stage, but it is quite frustrating. I now keep a list of documents I want to get. Then when I get them I just apply a 'strikethrough' and leave it there so I (hopefully) can check what I already have. I just have to remember to check that list before I order another cert. So far its working.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

jos28 wrote: »
    I was ordering a research copy from GRO through the post which costs €4. Now I know we are not supposed to send cash in the post but howandever I stuck a fiver in the envelope and sent it off.
    Got the cert last week and then today I got a 2 page letter with prepaid return envelope from the nice people in Roscommon telling me that they owed me a refund of €1 !!
    Apparently I have to fill in a form with all my details, send it back and they will organise a refund by EFT. Bureaucracy gone mad - think I'll tell them to stick the €1 in the poor box ;)

PS Got the cert and was working away on the details only to discover the same cert in my 'unwanted' file. I had ruled it out about 3 years ago :rolleyes:

That happened to me before when I sent a cheque requesting multiple certs. They were unable to find one of the certs so I got an email asking me to fill in the form requesting a refund. I just asked them to use the payment as credit against future requests and there was no problem with that.

It does seem like a lot of bureaucracy for such a small ammount of money, but I suppose they have to do it.

Advertisement