Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.Ed Sport Studies & PE

Options
  • 10-07-2009 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

Anybody doing the "B.Ed Sport Studies & PE" course? Just looking for some insight. Any insight from a mature student's perspective would be a plus. What's UCC like for mature students?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 macaodh

Anybody? Any current students with some insight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

My Keysi instructor is just finished 3rd year and he is around 30. He seems to like it, he is going to be teaching PE in a school for fourth year apparently.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Doing that course, not a mature student - excellent course, wide range of stuff, and interesting. Anyone who wants info, send me a PM and I'll do my best to answer your questions!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Benhonan

From what I hear it's streets ahead of the UL course. It's very sports orientated, placements are with teams around the place. I'm kicking myself for not doing it really.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Benhonan wrote: »
    From what I hear it's streets ahead of the UL course. It's very sports orientated, placements are with teams around the place. I'm kicking myself for not doing it really.

Yep it is!!!

Placements in first year (for 10 hours) are with sports team, as well as that there is 2 2 hour sports modules per week in first year, and continues going up along. Further placements are in schools.

This is its fourth year taking in students, and they are still kinda tinkering with it to further improve it - course director is very good!

• Advertisement
Advertisement