Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Games

Options
  • 29-04-2013 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭

Just noticed this forum exists. I thought it might be nice to have a place to post their games and work in progress.

Here's a game I made for college. Wasn't really happy with it but it was the best I could do with my limited programming knowledge.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40493527/gameproject.swf

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

megaten wrote: »
    Just noticed this forum exists. I thought it might be nice to have a place to post their games and work in progress.

Here's a game I made for college. Wasn't really happy with it but it was the best I could do with my limited programming knowledge.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40493527/gameproject.swf

Not bad at all, especially impressed with the movement of those (parachuting?) lads. How sophisticated an algorithm did you use to get that? Or what is there movement based on? Does it take into account the player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Heh in college my undergrad FYP was absolutely disgraceful! But here's what 3 of us did over 6 weeks during a masters (a girl came up with the name, I wanted to call it "Penguins Can't Fly", much cooler, ah well ) :D :

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Wow man any idea how long you spent on that? As a guess I would say nearly a whole year :P but I'm not familiar with The Games Factory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

Not bad at all, especially impressed with the movement of those (parachuting?) lads. How sophisticated an algorithm did you use to get that? Or what is there movement based on? Does it take into account the player?

The sailors move along a bezier curve motion tween I made using the TweenMax library. It has a function that lets you plot a curve pretty easily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

satchmo wrote: »
    Can you tell me what parts you worked on? I might want to quizz you on some techniques depending on what area you covered, if that's ok.
    Unless you made the whole game yourself :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

I'm 3D lead for the PS3 & 360 versions, so anything to do with rendering code, shaders, lighting, materials, post-processing etc.

Advertisement