Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Development - no code

Options
  • 29-05-2012 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

Hey all , hope this is the best place

I wanted to know is there a program out there that i could build a game without code, i tried unity but i couldn't get use to it.

Something where i could select a building out of maybe 20 buildings and a selections of guns and per-loaded terrains. and i would only have to tweak them

I want at the end of my finished game to be exe and run without the use of half life or counter strike and be able to play online with friends.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Would you be looking for something gamemaker or possibly Torque?

Sounds like you're looking to build a mod, not a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

RedXIV wrote: »
    Would you be looking for something gamemaker or possibly Torque?

Sounds like you're looking to build a mod, not a game?

Kinda like a mod but not the restrictions of one game or another . Also not to be depending on 1 partictlar game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

bpb101 wrote: »
    Kinda like a mod but not the restrictions of one game or another . Also not to be depending on 1 partictlar game

Unfortunately, the restrictions are going to be there if you aren't willing to look at the code aspect. Would you consider scripting rather than code? Torque would then have the functionality you require?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

If you're scripting then go with Unity.
    It's lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Bellu

Without code, you could build video game, that is say flash game~

• Advertisement
Advertisement