Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem watching embedded PDF videos on mac. Help needed asap!

• 03-07-2014 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

My GF has a presentation to give next week for a job interview. She has been given a PDF (slideshow) that she needs to present on which has a number of videos embedded in it which we can't get to work on her MacAir book (it works on my windows laptop). The OS is up to date (from what I can see) and I've downloaded and installed both the latest version of flash and adobe reader without success.

Can anyone help? I'm not very savvy when it comes to Mac devices and she's getting a little stressed about the whole thing, she can't really prepare properly unless she unfettered has access to the videos. Has anyone any ideas on how we might resolve the issue? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Try downloading Adobe Acrobat and see if that plays them. I'd never actually heard of videos embedded in PDFs until now...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

PDF doesn't natively support video iirc. There is probably some plugin that enables it which comes with Adobe's own reader.

The default PDF reader on OS X is called Preview, it doesn't have all these Adobe plugins. They're also the main reason Acrobat is so bloody slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Thanks for the replies, got it sorted, Preview was indeed the problem, I've changed the default PDF reader to adobe and it has fixed it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Thanks for the replies, got it sorted, Preview was indeed the problem, I've changed the default PDF reader to adobe and it has fixed it.

Just to point out that in general Preview is far superior to Acrobat.

Advertisement