Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casual wedding reception in Limerick

Options
  • 14-11-2013 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all

I am planning to get married next march. I want to do it cheap and cheerful and was thinking of having my reception as more of a party than a traditional style wedding.

Hotels are very expensive for what I'm looking for, I was wondering does anyone have any ideas of where would be good to have a party style wedding? Even a nice big function room in a bar or a club. I just want a room with its own bar, room for 120 people, and enough room for a band and dance area.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are some good recommendations in the thread below recently, I'm sure a lot will appeal to what you want too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057077232

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tara m

Hi Elbi

You could hire out my small farm if you like - we have a lovely restored cottage just outside Newcastle West, with a big main room that is double height, and looks a bit like a chapel with a big feature fireplace. It would packed out at 120, but the big barn would more than accommodate a dancefloor/band, and maybe a chillout type bar in the house - We have a big round top barn and a dairy room as well, all cleaned out now!

We've been living here a year and are starting up a vegetable smallholding / plant nursery/garden centre with hopefully in the future, a restaurant - think very early stages River Cottage/Ballymaloe lol!

It would be rustic and charming !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Mungret GAA club has done weddings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Figerty

Elbi wrote: »
    Hi all

I am planning to get married next march. I want to do it cheap and cheerful and was thinking of having my reception as more of a party than a traditional style wedding.

Hotels are very expensive for what I'm looking for, I was wondering does anyone have any ideas of where would be good to have a party style wedding? Even a nice big function room in a bar or a club. I just want a room with its own bar, room for 120 people, and enough room for a band and dance area.

Many thanks.

Was at a wedding in the UL sports centre, new one with the synthetic pitches.in Clare! . Great venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Coldpaws78

tara m wrote: »
    Hi Elbi

You could hire out my small farm if you like - we have a lovely restored cottage just outside Newcastle West, with a big main room that is double height, and looks a bit like a chapel with a big feature fireplace. It would packed out at 120, but the big barn would more than accommodate a dancefloor/band, and maybe a chillout type bar in the house - We have a big round top barn and a dairy room as well, all cleaned out now!

We've been living here a year and are starting up a vegetable smallholding / plant nursery/garden centre with hopefully in the future, a restaurant - think very early stages River Cottage/Ballymaloe lol!

It would be rustic and charming !
    Hi could I get contact details for you guys ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 EmmaMac86

Hi Tara,

I know this is a long shot as your post above was years ago but I was just wondering if your premises is still available for hire and could we enquire about it. It sounds amazing. We are looking around to get married next summer and can't find anything like that in Limerick City and County. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Celmullet

I know that the People's Museum on Pery Square is used as a casual wedding venue too. It is a lovely space for it, I attended a wedding there awhile back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I've been at a few private parties in Shannon Rowing Club, the lovely house on Sasfield Bridge. Lovely setting and fantastic photo setting out over the river. Don't know the capacity but worth investigating imo

Advertisement