Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta mk5 - Only blowing hot air out of the vents

Options
  • 09-07-2015 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I have Ford Fiesta mk5 1.25 Zetec year 2000. Although it is meant to be of a 1999 model spec if you get me.

When I start up the car in the morning and the "heat dial" is on cold it blows lovely cold air. However, 10 mins or so into my journey when the car starts to heat up, the heat of the air that is blown out the vents gets very hot even when the dial is still on cold.

It has air conditioning but I never use it (its always turned off as I lose about 75% of the cars power when its on and it hard on the oul petroleum :D ).

Anyone come across a problem like this or have any idea how to fix it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭cletus

Finnt3 wrote: »
    I have Ford Fiesta mk5 1.25 Zetec year 2000. Although it is meant to be of a 1999 model spec if you get me.

When I start up the car in the morning and the "heat dial" is on cold it blows lovely cold air. However, 10 mins or so into my journey when the car starts to heat up, the heat of the air that is blown out the vents gets very hot even when the dial is still on cold.

It has air conditioning but I never use it (its always turned off as I lose about 75% of the cars power when its on and it hard on the oul petroleum :D ).

Anyone come across a problem like this or have any idea how to fix it? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated..

This was a common problem on the mk4, which sounds like the car you actually have (or perhaps the facelift). 99% of the time the issue is with the heater control valve. Replacements are about €30, any motor factors should be able to supply. It's located up on the bulkhead, drivers side. It's a fairly straight forward swap, loads of stuff online about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Finnt3

cletus wrote: »
    This was a common problem on the mk4, which sounds like the car you actually have (or perhaps the facelift). 99% of the time the issue is with the heater control valve. Replacements are about €30, any motor factors should be able to supply. It's located up on the bulkhead, drivers side. It's a fairly straight forward swap, loads of stuff online about it.

Cheers man Iv looked at a few forums and none could give me a strait answer. I had a suspicion it was that but wasn't sure. Ill change it one of the days and let you know how I get on. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Finnt3

cletus wrote: »

Cheers man Iv looked at a few forums and none could give me a straight answer. I had a suspicion it was that but wasn't sure. Ill change it one of the days and let you know how I get on. Thanks again

Advertisement