Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

newbie guitarist looking for help galway

Options
  • 11-12-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

hi my name is garret im 24 i started to learn guitar last year and just wondering on how to get in a band to learn the trad music , now im not the best guitarist but im eager to learn im from galway so if anyone is in a trad band or wouldnt mind if i sat in on there practice sessions would be greatly appriciated
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Hi gtonra. The best way to start a band is to force your friends to learn to play as well. :pac: Failing that, go to gigs and chat to people. You will make new friends who are into the same music as you and BAM! Others will suggest ads etc and they can work; I just prefer the natural approach. If you would like to go down the ad route, I can move this thread to the Musicians Wanted or Available forum for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gtonra

thanks nervous wreck il try the natural approach first and see if it dont work il try the ads then cheers buddy

Advertisement