Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic needed tomorrow in City

Options
  • 30-04-2012 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi folks,

i need a mechanic to replace an alternator belt which snapped on a Citroen Berlingo, i have the belt just need someone to fit it, i dont want to pay the earth, the van is parked up so need someone to come on site to city centre location (near dock road)

PM me with price please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Hi folks,

i need a mechanic to replace an alternator belt which snapped on a Citroen Berlingo, i have the belt just need someone to fit it, i dont want to pay the earth, the van is parked up so need someone to come on site to city centre location (near dock road)

PM me with price please

Do you know why it came off???
    You may need a new idler and tensioner aswell... Or a pulley... Alternator pulleys are known to seize up.

It's simple put a new belt on but it may jump off again and could potentially do a lot of damage next time. They often do!!

Just be careful whoever puts it back on has a good look at it whilst running and inspects for damage before starting up.

I'd do it for you but im away tomorrow.
    Marty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Andybertson

Thanks Marty, will bear that in mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

Would recommend Henry street Garage on top of O'Curry street.
    Have used them over the years and never been ripped off.
    Don't have tel. no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Andybertson

Would recommend Henry street Garage on top of O'Curry street.
    Have used them over the years and never been ripped off.
    Don't have tel. no.

thanks builder i popped in today and they had it fixed in no time and very reasonable price! great service all told!:)

Advertisement