Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Clearout

Options
  • 10-11-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hey there!

My parents are very technophobic and our PC at home is starting to play up, programmes not working, very very slow etc. I reckon there’s just so much shiza on the thing that it needs to be cleaned out (it's only about 3 years old) and I was wondering if anyone knows any place around that would do it? I'm in NZ so am of no assistance to them and nobody at home would really know where to start.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Send a PM to dougie-lampkin on here. He is a software student who did a couple of jobs for me on my home network.
    If your parents are in or near enough the city he will call to them and have a look and advise them before charging them anything.

ps. wishing I was in New Zealand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

All that needs to be done is probably just format the hard drive and reinstall a version of Windows and a few basic applications. Not a big job, pretty straight forward for someone who knows their way around computers.

Better off going with someone's recommendation alright as there are those out there who would take advantange of your parents lack of understanding home computers and fliece them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Well assuming they have broadband at home, if you can get them to install teamviewer (free and easy to use) in a few clicks you can remote in whenever you want and tidy it up?
    Saving that, Any IT person/company can do it handy enough for ya (i can do it if you like, have done it often before).

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Ninthtym

There's a good guy on Thomas Street. His name is Kevin I think, he has a computer repair place called Micro Ireland. He has been very reliable in the past and a nice bloke too. It's beside Noor kebab.

Advertisement