Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Cayman move

Options
  • 24-07-2015 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi all

My boyfriend and I are making the move from Dublin to Grand Cayman in September - we are both early 30s - boyfriend has a job lined up and I
    Will begin the job hunt when we land.

Would love to hear from people who have made this move:
    What would you have done different? What is the best way to meet people? How does island life compare to living in Ireland(weather being the obvious :) )

TIA
    P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

It's so small pretty much as long as you leave the house you will meet people.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Are you just able to go to the Cayman Islands without a job and start looking for one? I don't know many countries where that's allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

That's allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kaykay27

murphaph wrote: »
    Are you just able to go to the Cayman Islands without a job and start looking for one? I don't know many countries where that's allowed.

Should of clarified my boyfriend and I will be married by the time we move over so i
    will be on his visa

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Midgey86

I am looking into a moving to the Cayman Islands/any Caribbean Island. I have emailed off recruitment agencies and have been told that they only hire native people for legal jobs and have gotten nowhere since.

does anyone have any tips or anything as to go about the move.

• Advertisement
Advertisement