Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Phonewatch disconnected alarm

Options
  • 29-05-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Need some help please.
    Discontinued my Phonewatch subscription some time ago. Now my alarm system constantly tries to contact Phonewatch. When I press Status it says "Phone Failure Trouble". I have also terminated my Eircom landline, so not only can it not contact Phonewatch it also cannot get a line out. Happening every few days now and beginning to get very irritating. Can anyone advise how to stop it trying to contact Phonewatch? Manual is no help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Anagog wrote: »
    Need some help please.
    Discontinued my Phonewatch subscription some time ago. Now my alarm system constantly tries to contact Phonewatch. When I press Status it says "Phone Failure Trouble". I have also terminated my Eircom landline, so not only can it not contact Phonewatch it also cannot get a line out. Happening every few days now and beginning to get very irritating. Can anyone advise how to stop it trying to contact Phonewatch? Manual is no help.

The system is trying to dial out and also does a line test.
    Do you know what system you have installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anagog

The manual says International Concord. Is that what you need?
    It's an old system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Do you have any paperwork on the system showing your account number etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anagog

I do yes. Just a receipt from the last visit by a technician before I terminated Phonewatch. But it has the account number on it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sending you a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ziggie999

I have a similar problem. Usually get rid of it by resetting and turning alarm on and off. That's not working this time, continues alarming.

When I originally discontinued Monitoring I asked them to kill the phone connection in the box but they were not interested.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

Ziggie999 wrote: »
    I have a similar problem. Usually get rid of it by resetting and turning alarm on and off. That's not working this time, continues alarming.

When I originally discontinued Monitoring I asked them to kill the phone connection in the box but they were not interested.

Any ideas?

You would need to contact phonewatch and request your engineer code.
    With this you can delete the numbers the system dials out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ziggie999

Thx. Had tried that before, after I cancelled monitoring, and met a brick wall. Tried again today and was assisted by a nice guy. problem gone away.

Advertisement