Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abercrombie website ?!?

• 13-09-2007 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭

Heya

I used to be able to get to the US site and buy t-shirts say for $30 but now whenever I type it in the web browser re-directs to the UK site which has t-shirts for £32stg - double the price!!!

Is there any way to get to the US site and order from it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've just went to the .com site, picked a random pair of ripped jeans, added to cart, put in false info and got to the checkout where it asked for credit card details and to inform me it costs $40 to ship that said pair of jeans.

didn't get redirected once, unless the redirect happens after i stick in my card details but unless you want to give me money to find out i shant be doing it.

Are you living n the uk or northern Ireland?They just opened a store in London.You could ask a friend or family in America to order for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm going to place an order on abercrombie.com at the end of the month, I presume I will be stuck for import duties?

most definitely fletch, i think they use fed-ex or ups for deliveries and they are obliged to collect import duties and charge you for doing so too.

i once got a package delivered by fed-ex before and thought great i didn't get stung for import duties by the driver, 2 month later i got a letter saying i needed to pay up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

My daughter didn't get hit for import duties 2 weeks ago when fed-ex delivered her order. It was for about $300 worth of clothes.

• Advertisement

Obelisk29 wrote:
    My daughter didn't get hit for import duties 2 weeks ago when fed-ex delivered her order. It was for about $300 worth of clothes.
    read my post again.

that being said you can slip through the system, but it's rare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Cremo wrote:
    i once got a package delivered by fed-ex before and thought great i didn't get stung for import duties by the driver, 2 month later i got a letter saying i needed to pay up.

eek!! - didn't see that bit.

Well if they come looking for it they can take the clothes back from her - like to see them try!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hasn't the House of Fraizer in Dundrum now started stocking this brand ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

This is very frustrating!

I live in Dublin and my work PC is windows XP and my one at home is Vista.

On both when i enter the .com address it automatically redirects me to the UK site!

Honestly I'm not an IT idiot but I just cannot get to the US address - I think the site gets some info from my PC so does anyone know how this works and how I can fool it into thinking I'm in the US or something?

When you guys go to your browser and enter www.abercrombie.com does it go to the US address? Can't understand why both my computers get redirected....

When I enter that address it automatically changes to http://www.uk.abercrombie.com/anf/lifestyles/html/homepage.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Nope mine goes to the American site, but i can feel your pain, having awful problems with amazon.co.uk today :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭cherrycool

That's never happened to me. I just ordered some clothes off the site the other day actually, not a bother. Very puzzling?

As for the Fed-x stuff, tell me about it! I've ordered stuff from Abercrombie before, and the first time I thought I'd gotten away with it but no, two and a half weeks later I got the bill! Its a bitch. I just received my order yesterday, am waiting paitiently now to be charged ridiculous amounts of 'tax' money from our wonderful government. :rolleyes:

Change all your regional settings to English - US although mine are set to English (Ireland) yet I don't get re-directed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

How much do people generally get stung for with customs?

Try this direct link to the men's section

orla wrote:
    How much do people generally get stung for with customs?
    should be around 25% of the orignal package including shipping charge.
    Well if they come looking for it they can take the clothes back from her - like to see them try!
    nah they'll just do something a lot less worse and black list her name so she'll find it hard to apply for loans/credit etc etc.

abercrombie have a disclaimer on their site before you go to the checkout saying that you as a customer will take care of any import duties that are due. not doing so is illegal.

by all means if they don't come looking for it grand, but if they do and you choose to ignore it well then you're paddling up green **** creek with no paddle...

i love most people's attitudes when it comes to buying stuff off the net, "like omgz why should i have to pay tax to the goverements" why complain, do you complain when you buy goods or services here? it's a tax, everyone's got to pay it, i don't like it as much as the next person but it's still got to be paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

So would it be better to buy in bulk or smaller amounts?

Or could I just ask you to ask your brother to buy it for me and send it over??

well if it's a flat fee shipping charge it would be better to buy in bulk as you'd pay less import duty on the shipping costs.

my bro has gone to alaska for 2 months on a training course and he doesn't even have access to a phone lol.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ciaran76 wrote:
    Hasn't the House of Fraizer in Dundrum now started stocking this brand ?

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

im ordering a couple of hollister hoodies atm ..:)

eh..getting someone to send them over to me as a gift

whats the limit on a gift before its taxed does anyone know off hand?

anything under $50 i think and it's classed as a gift, anything valued more than that and marked as a gift is still liable for import duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

I live over here and the shipping is only $10 for me. tax came to 87cent for $64 worth of clothes. Sucks living in Ireland :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

electric69 wrote:
    I live over here and the shipping is only $10 for me. tax came to 87cent for $64 worth of clothes. Sucks living in Ireland :P
    crazy americans:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Hope this doesn't get me banned but I've a couple of Abercrombie Tshirts for sale. If anybody wants to PM me ill send you photos of said Tees! Thnks!

I was reading this Abercrombie thread earlier. Seems that you are being re-directed because of your IP address. Interestingly, I'm in Ireland yet I can't access the .co.uk site at all, I just get a 403 error.??? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Hee Hee I'm off to NYC in November and shall be stuffing my bags with Abercrombie gear! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I really don't get the Abercrombie fascination. Just spent the summer in San Diego on the J1 and I honestly couldn't get into it. I bought one hoodie and one bag because I liked them, but other than that their clothes are pretty plain and nothing special at all and certainly not worth the bother/money. And does anyone else notice that Abercrombie clothes = Hollister clothes = American Eagle clothes = Aerospatial clothes, pretty much. Where's the individuality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Try deleting cookies in your browser, might work

I really don't get the Abercrombie fascination. Just spent the summer in San Diego on the J1 and I honestly couldn't get into it. I bought one hoodie and one bag because I liked them, but other than that their clothes are pretty plain and nothing special at all and certainly not worth the bother/money. And does anyone else notice that Abercrombie clothes = Hollister clothes = American Eagle clothes = Aerospatial clothes, pretty much. Where's the individuality!
    where was this asked in the topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Cremo wrote:

lol

OWNED!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Cremo wrote:

*hangs head in shame*

Sowy :o