Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Busted Digi box, i think.

• 15-03-2005 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Yesterday, i came home to find that the irish station and bbc 1 and 2 were gone, i was getting no signal being received. The rest of the stations were fine. On bbc i was getting a slight signal but it was breaking up.

I reset the box with no joy.

So i rang sky and they sent a different signal(the uk one i think), turned off the LNB and back on. No joy.

They said it would cost E108 to get and engineer out. I tested the signal and it was up at about 3/4.

Something similar happened to me just over a year ago. Is the life span of these boxes just over a year, the box i have is a grundig one. The last person that was out to fix it said that they give you reconditioned boxes not new ones.

I have a pain in my rocks with sky and am thinking of changing over to NTL or a free satelite system.

Please advise.

Cheers

Daire

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

I have the OPPOSITE problem in that the RTE's, E4 and BBC's are perfect but Sky, UKTV, etc. are unwatchable - I rang SKY as well who recommended I get an engineer to call - they did say that the fact that some channels were fine and others not was an indication that the box or dish had developed a fault.

Surely if there was a problem with the dish no channels would work?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

Sorry I forgot to add I have a Panasonic box which I have had for a year and a half without any problems whatsoever (up to now)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

It seems to be working ok now. I'll keep you posted.

Could it be the wind/weather?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Exact same problem as brender. But seemed to fix itself Monday evening. It was as if storm was passing except i went on for Sunday and most of Monday.
    I would suspect that it was a faulty tuner but is now woking fine so now I dont know.

Signal strenghth was going up and down and all over the place which would suggest a tuner not locking onto the signal properly.

I wonder do they power down the satalite ocassionally if there is a danger of solar flares etc. (A long shot perhaps)

I haver a pace box which I know is notorious for faulty tuners. This will be my second one in 2 years now if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

could be that the 22khz tone to the LNB could be F*CKed, which means its either you box or a fault in the LNB, most times its generally a fault in the digibox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement