Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House of Prayer a fraud?

Options
  • 04-04-2008 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

RTEs Prime Time had a feature last night about the 'House of Prayer' on Achill Island and its founderess Christina Gallagher who claims to receive visions from the Virgin Mary.

The piece can be seen here:

http://www.rte.ie/news/primetime/

The Depity Editor of The Irish Catholic is very strong in his denunciation of the house and the alleged visions. Are any posters followers of this joint?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Perhaps she was just another scamster, people should really be more careful when dealing with these people who claim stigmata and then perhaps cut thier hands open.

It's not very nice to take advantage of good christians who thought they were giving money for a good cause, and not just so she could live in a mansion. That's what I think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

One thing that really annoyed me about the interview was the claim by the Deputy Editor of the Irish Catholic that the Archbishop of Tuam tried unsuccessfully to incorporate the House of Prayer into the mainstream church in order to keep it under control.

It sounded to me like an attempt by the Church to get a slice of the profits rather than an effort to protect vulnerable people from an obvious fraud. I cannot see why they will not just come out and condemn Christina Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 mikeindublin

One thing that really annoyed me about the interview was the claim by the Deputy Editor of the Irish Catholic that the Archbishop of Tuam tried unsuccessfully to incorporate the House of Prayer into the mainstream church in order to keep it under control.

It sounded to me like an attempt by the Church to get a slice of the profits rather than an effort to protect vulnerable people from an obvious fraud. I cannot see why they will not just come out and condemn Christina Gallagher.

Well. the guy from the Irish Catholic did say there was nothing supernatural going on there, it was contrary to the Gospel and urged people not to go there.

I think that's condemnation enough...

Advertisement