Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dating websites for gay men

• 08-11-2015 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

What are the best dating websites in your opinion to meet men?

More so for dates/relationship than casual/'NSA' sex.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

Gaydar
    Plenty of Fish
    OK Cupid

Those are the 3 I used, along with Grindr to try and find a partner. Ended up that Grindr actually worked over the others, (and we were very happy for 18 months before splitting a fortnight ago).

So you just never know what's going to work. You could meet anyone anywhere if you just give it a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭JTL

Thanks Paddy. Making a big effort to get on the 'dating scene' so to speak.
    Have the Grindr app. Not a big fan but will try harder i.e include more detail in profile, contact more guys

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭tomato1234

Most guys from the dating site are looking for sex. I would write what exactly you are looking for in your profile - "for dates/relationship". The LGBT group in the meetup site is very good. highly recommended.

tomato1234 wrote: »
    Most guys from the dating site are looking for sex. I would write what exactly you are looking for in your profile - "for dates/relationship". The LGBT group in the meetup site is very good. highly recommended.

meetup.com

That site?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭tomato1234

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

Tinder is the best imo. No more only getting messages off guys 30 years older than me..!

Have joined this. Looking forward to some meet ups.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Paddy, sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Rick_

So was I, as I was literally woken up and told. Anyway, let's not clog up someone else's thread with my tales of woe!

I joined that meetup group ages ago but haven't actually gone to an event yet. Do you mind me asking what the typical age range there would be? I joined thinking maybe I could meet some people in my age bracket (20-35) but got the impression that the meetup group was mainly an older crowd. (That's not the only reason I haven't gone yet btw; general social awkwardness is a factor regardless of age!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I joined that meetup group ages ago but haven't actually gone to an event yet. Do you mind me asking what the typical age range there would be? I joined thinking maybe I could meet some people in my age bracket (20-35) but got the impression that the meetup group was mainly an older crowd. (That's not the only reason I haven't gone yet btw; general social awkwardness is a factor regardless of age!)

I went to meetup once about 3 years ago when I was looking to expand my social circle during a career break at the time. The age range was from about 25 to 60 so all sorts. I met some very nice people and it was a really pleasant afternoon....however, I'm not sure it was my cup of tea. I felt there was a slight speed date/interview element to it. I felt like I was presenting my identity CV and answering the same 20 questions on who I was, where I'm from, what I work at and any holidays planned to someone different every 5 minutes and I just feel that is not how normal natural friendships are organically created or evolve....at least for me.

I know such natural ice breaker questions have to be asked sometimes but it ended up being too friendship goal oriented rather than just go with the flow. I'm sure it works for loads of other people, hence the success and popularity of such events.

I do believe joining an activity (rugby, running, choir, hill walking) or going to a bar is a better way of making new friends or establishing a spark/chemistry as you are there for other purposes (ie the activity at hand) and the friendship forming/eye contact is/can be more incidental. Focusing exclusively on the friendship/dating element can be counterproductive in my opinion.

Advertisement