Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Persona 4 Vita and... fighting game?!

Options
  • 31-08-2011 2:22am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/blazblue-team-developing-persona-4-fighting-game/

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/atlus-teasure-website-is-for-persona-4-the-golden-for-playstation-vita/

Busy news day for Persona 4! Not one but two new versions of (IMO) the greatest game of the last half decade or so.

P4: The Golden is basically a P4 version of P3P by the sounds of it. New characters, music, events... etc. The 'mysterious, much requested feature' sounds curious though. Anyway, there's at least one good reason to own a Vita!

Potentially of more interest, and a little on the WTF? side, is the announcement of a Persona 4 fighting game that will act as a sequel to the original with Teddie of all characters hosting a fighting tournament. It's by the Blazblue guys, so hey it should at least look pretty!

More Persona 4, in any case, equals w00t. Even if it does little to address the continued frustrating wait for the full, HD sequel to the world's finest dating sim / dungeon crawler / Japan simulator.

EDIT: Oh wait, there was news of a sort on Persona 5, mainly that it's on the way and all the crew are back on board. A huzzah on one hand, but a curse on the vagueness of the news!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 IllusionedEyes

Thinking the mysterious requested feature is a female protagonist *crosses fingers* and wondering if "The Golden" is a nod towards Catherine (Golden Theater)
    Also the new character, Marie, seems to be related to the Velvet Room (Blue colour scheme of her hat and bag, 'V' on the hat, design on the bag that is very similar to Theo and Elizabeth's outfits)
    Ultimate, the fighting game, sounds interesting. I'm curious as to what they'll do plot-wise.
    Oh, and let's not forget the new music we have to look forward to! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Never played any of the persona games :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never played any of the persona games :(

You really are missing out if you haven't played Persona 3 and 4.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You really are missing out if you haven't played Persona 3 and 4.

Seconded. I highly recommend picking them up if you get the chance. It's well worth your while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Developers are shooting down the idea of a female MC here. Possibly an FES mode?

First shots of the fighting game here (pretty it most certainly is, and colourful!) and The Golden here.

And finally, we'll be waiting a while for Persona 5 most definitely: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/08/30/persona-5-is-in-development-but-wont-be-released-for-quite-some-time/

So yeah, lots of news but probably quite a bit of waiting. Funny that six of the eight top articles on siliconera at the moment are Persona related :pac: Not that I'm complaining :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some people are saying it might be a MC - Kanji bromance.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I've already played Persona 4 three times...I'll still buy it though. The game is just that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Some people are saying it might be a MC - Kanji bromance.

Yaoi option? ... Well, what about Brosuke...

The fighter looks to have some JoJo's influences :)

Developers are shooting down the idea of a female MC here. Possibly an FES mode?

Darn. That was one of the things I really enjoyed about P3P and I'd have loved to see how it'd work in 4 :/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The clever chaps from the Irish fighting games scene have noticed that Kanji & Yukiko have been subtly confirmed.
    http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/09/01/famitsu-reveal-persona-4-fighting-game-developed-by-arc-system-works/

• Advertisement
Advertisement