Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game store in Galway?

Options
  • 30-08-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Do Game have a branch in Galway city? If so, could someone tell me what street?

I went to try their website for the info but the site is down.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭JohnDee

Yeah, they have a store on Eglington St, just beside the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Thanks for that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

The prices in Game on Eglington Street are much better than of it's counterpart in Corbett Court.

Which I find strange because when I am in a Gamestop elsewhere in the country the prices are usually more normal.

I was always under the impression that stores with multiple branches were the exact same price for the exact same product no matter where in the country you went. (I say impression, but having worked in two high street chain retailers I know this to be pretty much fact).

I know this discussion doesn't particularly pertain to Galway, but have any of ye noticed other such price differences in Galway than in the same store in other parts of the Emerald Isle?

*Apologies for the teensy thread hijack*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The Game on Eglington Street sometimes has better prices than websites I use.

I would have thought a chain would have the same price everywhere too but some places have crazy prices I don't know how they do any business at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The prices in Game on Eglington Street are much better than of it's counterpart in Corbett Court.
    Where's the Game in CC? I know where Gamestop is, is that what you mean?

• Advertisement

Where's the Game in CC? I know where Gamestop is, is that what you mean?

Yep, but I wanted to be all mysterious and not come across as biased towards those money hungry twats.... Whoops too late.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since OP got his question answered I'm moving this to Games general discussion, from Galway.

biko wrote: »
    Since OP got his question answered I'm moving this to Games general discussion, from Galway.

OkayGuy.jpg?1297653524

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

At least they sell PC games!!!

It always pays to look around the different places. Surprisingly enough I've found some great deals in HMV

• Advertisement

It always pays to look around the different places. Surprisingly enough I've found some great deals in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

For me, if I'm buying a game outside of a midnight launch (where your only choices are Game and XTravision)

1. HMV
    2. Game
    3. Smyths
    4. Xtravision
    5. Gamestop

Only putting gamestop last because their trade in prices are shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

You can get some fantastic deals in hmv. They often reduce older yet still newish games to crazy prices, which is great. As mentioned already at least game has a decent pc section. About the last place to buy pc games apart from pc world but they mostly seem to be just selling shovelware now or ridiculously overpriced new games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

GAME & HMV in Galway have very decent prices in Galway

Compare that to the robbery that is Gamestop. They were selling DiRT 3 at the weekend for 49.99, when I got it for 28.98 about 4 weeks ago now. I was scoping out RWC2011 at the weekend. It was €42.99 in HMV, €44.99 in GAME and €49.99 in Gamestop.

I never understand why people shop in Gamestop. They are always the most expensive for new release games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yeah, I've given up on Gamestop. Don't even bother looking there at all in fact, just head straight to Game and maybe compare in HMV. I can't understand how they could still be doing business when 9 times out of 10, they've considerably higher prices than either of the other two stores for new and preowned games alike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

dont shop in Gamestop anymore either, they are between 5-10Euro more expensive for many new releases than hmv/game and they take much longer to reduce their prices on aging games.

Advertisement