Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find the one

Options
  • 09-11-2015 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi everyone. Trying to look for that special somebody but I also want to make friends on the way. For some reason no one I contact want to chat wit me and if they do they don't stay for long. I also seem to find that I'm the only one really making an effort to create a conversation. I'm on a few dating apps and its all the same. I know I'm not the hottest of men out there but I have a huge heart and just want someone to see that for a change instead of someone wit meat if u get me.
    Any advice on how to find a guy would be appreciated ?
    I live out in the country and no where near a gay scene to mingle wit guys. I'm also very shy and don't know how to even approach a guy hence the use of apps such as grindr. Any advice on this also would be great.
    Sorry for the long message.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Hi squashman. Do you drive? Unfortunately where you are based is a bit of a dead zone for LGBT groups so I think you're going to have to go a bit further afield if you want to find any kind of scene. I'd say Waterford is probably your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 squashman

Hi ya I drive. I suppose no one knows of any lgbt groups around tipp Kilkenny area. Even Waterford area ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

There is no One imho. There are a succession of ones, some of whom gracefully morph into dear friends. Enjoy your journey: it's usually the real point rather than the destination. And get out of rural Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭yer man!

Work on getting the hell out of rural Ireland for now, I'm in Galway and I'm finding that too small.

Advertisement