Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Grip Modifications

Options
  • 13-11-2015 8:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I'm after some advice from you target pistol shooters on modifying a Hammerli xesse sports grip. First thing I'll say is I am a gallery shooter never have shot ISSF.
    There are 3 parts I want to modify maybe you can tell me if I'm on the right track or totally of the wall lol
    1. I want to lengthen the Palm Shelf at the rear as I feel it will give me some more support to the front of the pistol ? there is no front back adjustment on the grip.
    2. I want to add some filling to the bottom right rear side of the grip, I will be shooting mostly 2 handed and the back of my hand is off the grip.
    3. I want to add filling to the left side of the grip for my left hand support.

I intend to use sugru my reasoning for sugru is if it doesn't work out I can remove it.
    Any advice on what I should be looking for or how to achieve it would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭gunhappy_ie

Have a look at this crowd....

http://ratgrips.com/

I used it to great success when making a custom grip for a shotgun.

The Sugru seems like good and I plan to use it to extend the mag release on my pistol.

Let us know how it works out

GH

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I have looked at the ratgrip videos before, it might be the stuff to use on the original standard grips that came on the pistol, a project down the line maybe, the only problem I see with putting ratgrips on a pistol is the standard grips are removable and if you went and had a full wrap around ratgrip it would take away the option of easy disassembly.
    For the target grip I only require a few small bits here and there to build up the grip, hence the sugru option, just stick on where it is needed.

Advertisement