Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MW3 L.A. event Live stream

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

jesus some people really have a bee in their bonnet about COD as a series, nobodies denying Activision are a bunch of greedy cockbags, but they own the franchise so thats not going to change any time soon, long as the game is fun to play and they fix the problems MW2 had (hopefully) then fine.

no other series seems to get the same flack for releasing "expansion packs" like COD does, play the Uncharted 3 beta? its almost identical to the Uncharted 2 MP mode, is that being looked at as nothing more than an expansion pack? nope, how bout Gears 3? same engine, same models, same almost everything really, or Assassins Creed? Portal 2 is essentially the exact same game at its core to the first one with some new mechanics, that classed as an expansion pack? nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

krudler wrote: »
    jesus some people really have a bee in their bonnet about COD as a series, nobodies denying Activision are a bunch of greedy cockbags, but they own the franchise so thats not going to change any time soon, long as the game is fun to play and they fix the problems MW2 had (hopefully) then fine.

no other series seems to get the same flack for releasing "expansion packs" like COD does, play the Uncharted 3 beta? its almost identical to the Uncharted 2 MP mode, is that being looked at as nothing more than an expansion pack? nope, how bout Gears 3? same engine, same models, same almost everything really, or Assassins Creed? Portal 2 is essentially the exact same game at its core to the first one with some new mechanics, that classed as an expansion pack? nope.

I installed black ops today, just because lads on vent started playing it a bit. Took me 3 matches and I was shiftlessly bored.

Mw3 looks 100% like mw2. It just feels like they took mw2, added new maps, got a sticker which says mw3, put millions in to advertising campaign. Now they just opening bags for cash and gates for herds of fanboys.

Don't understand me wrong, I had my fun with cod series. I had alot of fun memories of me and lads playing cod4 amd mw2, but now I just see that activation is trying how thin ice is and how much profit they can make. No thank you...

Problem is: I might have to buy it anyway as my friends can be really hyped to buy it, or I will do sponteniuos purchase, just because I was bored to ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I traded Black Ops months back cos I got utterly bored of it as well, its not a case of not enough 'splosions I just prefer MW2 as a whole, had fun with Blops for a while then got tired of it, I 'll be buying Battlefield 3 as well and I really hope it knocks some of the wind out of COD's sales, the more competition it has the better.

Advertisement